VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 276, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Alphakilo470 wrote:

Watch the game really be Duke Nukem 3D with an expansion pack.

Get out of from your 'the game dosen't exist' rock. It's officially confirmed that it exists and it's not going to happen like that.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 23 of 276, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

also by the way, for those in the future complaining how linear it is, check the e3 98 trailer
it's planned to be a linear ride the whole way though. the mine carts in the 98 and 01 e3 trailers should be big enough for you on a clue that this isn't Duke3d II. though to be fair, this kind of on-rails fps was kind of new when DNF was first announced.

I still do want to rip apart a hangar door with an autocannon on a fighter jet though 😀 PhysX makes that crap possible, though in e3 98 its obvious it's a bunch of scripted func_'s. The dynamic lighting gave that trick away

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 25 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Haters gonna hate.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 26 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

From the official facebook page of a french videos games store. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=182...113229745381255

18220918224088181347411.jpg

I'm loving the addition of the artbook there! Looks amazing. I'd totally be buying this version on release if that's what we get.

My Github

Reply 27 of 276, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Are you saying it's actually gonna come out?!?
Damn...sure took forever 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 28 of 276, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well its just been approved for classification in Australia:

http://www.gamepron.com/news/2011/02/09/duke- … ralian-censors/

So not only did the game pass our regressive, draconian censorship laws but its proof the game exists 😁

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1443/18220918224088181347411.jpg […]
Show full quote

18220918224088181347411.jpg

I pray that this is true

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 29 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Balls of Steel Edition has been officially announced as not fake. Currently available for preorder from Amazon and GameStop in the US for $99 USD.

My Github

Reply 31 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No idea. I guess it's like a little stand or something with the logo on it. Pretty bizarre.

My Github

Reply 33 of 276, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Take a closer look at the Duke Nukem Forever with the gold coloured radiation hazard symbol at the bottom. Does it look a bit....out of place? I mean, it's angle compared to the other objects at the bottom?

Anyway, just to make myself clear - I'm also waiting for the game. But I don't think I'll buy it first. Lemme see how it turns out to be. Just that there's nothing more new that can be done in it's genre with it's theme. Unless they come up with different theatre of operations like in Call of Duty series. Same gun-happy gameplay, yes, but different situations keep the story and game moving.

On a lighter note, is it true that it's launching date is slated for 1st April 2011? If so, then I'll definitely agree! Heheheh... 😁

EDIT : Malik goes back to his slumber. He's too tired waiting for it. 😁

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 34 of 276, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Malik wrote:

Take a closer look at the Duke Nukem Forever with the gold coloured radiation hazard symbol at the bottom. Does it look a bit....out of place? I mean, it's angle compared to the other objects at the bottom?

Probably the entire image has been Photoshopped together.

Korea Beat -- my cool translation blog.

Reply 35 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The image was Photoshopped, but it is official. 2k and Gearbox announced it this morning. Also, the game's release is slated for May 3rd. I said that in an earlier post.

Here's a nice interview with Randy Pitchford by Gamespot where he talks a bit about the game mechanics of DNF, what's new, what's the same, and the devolution of shooters today. Sounds promising to me.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/dukenukemf … r/video/6298430

My Github

Reply 37 of 276, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't pay much attention to games released after about 2002, but I'm aware of Crysis 2. I don't know if it's out yet, or if it will be out soon. But I did see some gameplay footage very recently, and I can't help but think it will make DNF look a bit silly, especially the time it's taken them to write it.

Reply 38 of 276, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Crysis 2 is out. I got a copy last week.

I've also learned that DNF will require Steam for single player. This is the one condition which I am not going to get it. I had even considered the possibility that this was just an overblown demo that tells you buy the full game expected at Christmas of 2016 upon completing it and still would have gotten it. But not now!

Reply 39 of 276, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If it just uses Steam and no other DRM then you can use a steam emulator to emulate steam for that specific game, if it uses 3rd party DRM then just wait for the DNF specific crack.

That way you can use Steam as the distribution service but not have to rely on it to stop you from playing your games when you want to play them. (This is what I do because it seems that whenever I want to play a Steam game and don't crack it then I encounter some BS)

Last edited by DosFreak on 2011-03-29, 09:45. Edited 1 time in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline