VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 22, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sgt76 wrote:

Look at the Serious Sam benchmark tables, everything is kicking the snot out of the Voodoo5, even Trident! What the heck?

Reply 21 of 22, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bushwack wrote:
sgt76 wrote:

Look at the Serious Sam benchmark tables, everything is kicking the snot out of the Voodoo5, even Trident! What the heck?

I wonder if some of their results look odd because they are only using a P2 350Mhz? If they upgraded the CPU to a Coppermine P3 for instance, then perhaps many of the crappy video cards tested would be left in the dust by the faster video cards, such as the V5 and others.

Reply 22 of 22, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
retro games 100 wrote:
bushwack wrote:
sgt76 wrote:

I wonder if some of their results look odd because they are only using a P2 350Mhz? If they upgraded the CPU to a Coppermine P3 for instance, then perhaps many of the crappy video cards tested would be left in the dust by the faster video cards, such as the V5 and others.

That is 100% true. This benchmark is mainly useful I think in determining what's overkill for an old system . Shows how bad a cpu bottleneck could be and why it's not very brilliant to pair a 9700 with a PII or similar nonsense like that.