I demand more pictures of it.

frontfe.png
inside1.pnginside2x.png
backb.png
cd20.pngsetupo.png
cdv20.png Prody Parrot Value Edition
cd10n.pngsetup2d.png
boxt.png

Last edited by fooker on 2010-09-22, 05:29. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 11, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hell, it would be great to see that cd being uploaded to megaupload, cause I have a Soundblaster live from one of the two salvaged "high tower" cabinets my friend and I found at the local dumpster/container place. And well, one of the cabinets are already in use cause the computer cabinet I am using now is one of those cool cabinets 😀

Reply 5 of 11, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wish there was a way to get the old Parrot running under Windows XP. I have an SBLive, but PP won't install (or is incompatable with)under Windows XP 🙁

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net

Reply 6 of 11, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
rfnagel wrote:

I wish there was a way to get the old Parrot running under Windows XP. I have an SBLive, but PP won't install (or is incompatable with)under Windows XP 🙁

She's obviously a fussy old bird. 😉

Reply 8 of 11, by ParrotSlave

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was going through all the old software cds that belonged to my old HAL9000, and came upon a Soundblaster application cd, and remembered the Prody Parrot, not totally kindly. I remember trying it at the time, but found it annoyingly intrusive, on top of which WinMe was not particularly stable, and I probably ended up doing dozens of reinstallations, and never reinstalled Prody after the first time. I started wondering if there were any newer versions, though, and asked my friend Google, which led me here. I am struck by the similarity to Siri, my companion on my new iPhone. Since Win7 is good about emulating things, I am tempted to try and see if Prody would work on my laptop, just for the heck of it. I checked Amazon and noticed one seller with a stand-alone Prody for sale, with the only review bashing them for not sending a serial number. Does anyone remember if the oem version required a serial number?

Reply 9 of 11, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I still think it would be nifty if this turned out to be the direct ancestor of Bonzi Buddy, but alas, there's no evidence of that that I can find.

But check it out, they got a patent:
http://www.google.com.hk/patents/about?id=-YIEAAAAEBAJ

The method of claim 33 wherein said animated character is a parrot.