VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 64, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The stalker games are brilliant and definitely have their "edge of the seat" and "bowel movement" moments 🤣

Metro 2033 is also an interesting (a bit scary) one to play 😀

But to be honest i find Dead Space the scariest recent game so far... it really creeps me out playing it on a 56" screen late at night in the dark with surround sound! "shudder" 😖

Reply 41 of 64, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh Dead Space is wicked!

I didn't know about it when it was on special on Steam. Did a quick google and bought it. Such a polished and slick game...

Best with headphones!

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 43 of 64, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Amigaz wrote:

Yeah, that derelict spaceship can be very scary but I was refering to the spaceship at the start of the game with all the aliens and your party and weapons suck so it's equally scaring as the ghost ship 😀

Huh? If I recall correctly, the spaceship at the start of the game is the derelict spaceship. Or did you refer to the battle against the Terrines? IIRC it happen on Earth, doesn't it?

Reply 44 of 64, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
Amigaz wrote:

Yeah, that derelict spaceship can be very scary but I was refering to the spaceship at the start of the game with all the aliens and your party and weapons suck so it's equally scaring as the ghost ship 😀

Huh? If I recall correctly, the spaceship at the start of the game is the derelict spaceship. Or did you refer to the battle against the Terrines? IIRC it happen on Earth, doesn't it?

doesn't the ghosts appear on ships you board once you get to control your own ship and battle pirates etc?
please not that I haven't played this game game for 20 years 😜

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 45 of 64, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Amigaz wrote:
Amigaz wrote:

doesn't the ghosts appear on ships you board once you get to control your own ship and battle pirates etc?

Er, nope. The derelict ship is actually the party's first mission in the game (NEO salvage operation), which happens right after we finished the invading Terrines at the very start of the game.

IIRC, it is the derelict ship that becomes the party's ship --the Maelstorm Rider. After all, it is the derelict ship that hosts SCOT.DOS.

Reply 46 of 64, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Amigaz wrote:

Er, nope. The derelict ship is actually the party's first mission in the game (NEO salvage operation), which happens right after we finished the invading Terrines at the very start of the game.

IIRC, it is the derelict ship that becomes the party's ship --the Maelstorm Rider. After all, it is the derelict ship that hosts SCOT.DOS.

ahh...now I remember 😀

I feel the urge to play this game again.

During my move about a year ago I found some remains from the game I've kept...the Buck Rogers pocket book you got with the game.

Reply 47 of 64, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Amigaz: Was the pocket book a real Buck Rogers "novel"? What was its title...same as title of the game? I don't own the PC version of the game so I'm curious.

Once you try retrogaming, you'll never go back...

Reply 48 of 64, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
digitaldoofus wrote:

Amigaz: Was the pocket book a real Buck Rogers "novel"? What was its title...same as title of the game? I don't own the PC version of the game so I'm curious.

It was a Novel, going to try and find the book....can't remember were I stored it 😜

Reply 50 of 64, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is the novel for sale? 😁

Unless the novel was extremely short, it's unlikely it was written and published solely for inclusion with the game. Most likely, it would have been a paperback copy of a novel that also had a retail release at bookstores. So, a person could probably buy a copy of it online, once the title is known.

Once you try retrogaming, you'll never go back...

Reply 51 of 64, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
digitaldoofus wrote:

Is the novel for sale? 😁

Unless the novel was extremely short, it's unlikely it was written and published solely for inclusion with the game. Most likely, it would have been a paperback copy of a novel that also had a retail release at bookstores. So, a person could probably buy a copy of it online, once the title is known.

Yep, it's a paperback copy

Hopefully I can find it here in my (currently messy) appartment flat so I can reveal the title and sell it to the highest offer 😁

Reply 52 of 64, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Halloween prompted me to try playing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines again. There is an unofficial patch under active development, as well as a painless widescreen mod. I remember the game being fairly sluggish on my old desktop (AMD Athlon64 X2 CPU + nVidia 7800GTX SLI GPUs), but it runs pretty well on my Core 2 Duo + nVidia 8700M GT SLI gaming laptop.

Reply 54 of 64, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

VTMBL's graphics still stand up fairly well since it was the first Source engine game to hit the market (and Valve is still using Source for its newer games like the L4D series and TF2) if I remember correctly.

So far combat is my only gripe, as guns start out weak and melee feels a bit clumsy, but it's not a deal-breaker since the game is more about nonlinear exploration and such.

Reply 55 of 64, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

i've heard from old (i.e. 30somethings, not teenage abandonware kids) ss2 fans that amnesia dark descent is much much much more scarier than ss2 and undying.

can anyone dare to confirm/deny?

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 57 of 64, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

Bought it awhile back. Too scared to play it.

I must try it and see what all the fuss is about. It's from the creators of Penumbra so should be pretty creepy 😁

Reply 58 of 64, by ConjurerDragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
peterferrie wrote:

Daggerfall, late at night, wandering through the dungeons and suddenly monsters appear behind you. shudder.

Or when you first play the game and enter the city too late. Night. And then the howls of the dead kings ghost who walks the street ( and is near impossible to survive for a new character at the start of the game if you try to fight it) 😅

Reply 59 of 64, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Haven't found the Buck Rogers book yet but I remember the title of the book now...it's in the Buck Rogers XXVC series and called "First Power Play"

51I3HhIJE%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg