VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 26, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

WolverineDK, you're welcome to be the Lead Vocalist! And maybe 2Mourty too! 😁

I'm not good at singing, so I just sing along with the songs while driving my car - alone. Heheh..

P.S. I love that Africa song by Toto.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 21 of 26, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was a Music major (trumpet) in college, so I can play that. Part of the curriculum was to learn all the other instruments in a band, but I have forgotten most of it. I've been playing since I was 12 in various bands, Salvation Army brass bands, high school, college, etc. But I'm not a professional as I got burned out and went into IT instead.

I also sing in a choir, and did so throughout my youth as well. About the only thing that prevented me from forming my own rock band was the fact I sing bass. Oh how I wish had a hair-band screaming tenor range. 🙁

Reply 22 of 26, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

valnar, with a homophobic , or should I say LGBT phobic organisation, like the Salvation Army, it is no wonder why people can burn out. But anyway, my voice has become a deeper with the years . But the songs I have sung in front of people, has been (as a solo person) was Blasphemous Rumours , But Not Tonight (probably my worst ever cover), Streets Of London, Scarborough Fair (NOT written by Simon And Garfunkel, cause it is a folk/traditional song) and then I also sang Greensleeves , which is not a traditional. But very folk/traditional like in its sound. So you can say it is a romatic ballad of olden times, and I sang them alone, but with a guitarist. In a band, there I sang Winds Of Change by Scorpions, so my voice range is quite big. I do NOT play any instruments, but there is one instrument I hate, and that is the bass guitar. Please do not ask me why. But Scarborough Fair, and Greensleeves was played as a romatic ballad style of things, so the guitarist did a brilliant job on that. My musical tastes, range from classical music to heavy metal (Manowar, Metallica and Nightwish as the "hardest/heaviest") and as I have said before, then I could make a long ass post/thread about what groups, genres and so forth I like). And I could talk for hours about it too, so I will leave it at that.
Malik: well if you check youtube for covers of Totos Africa, you will find an arse load of great covers of that song, and even the original in High Quality sound, so dig in 😀

Reply 23 of 26, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WolverineDK wrote:

valnar, with a homophobic , or should I say LGBT phobic organisation, like the Salvation Army, it is no wonder why people can burn out.

Well, that's not fair. They are a Christian organization so their beliefs are inline with that. Do you fault any other church, Catholicism, Hinduism, Judaism or Islam for the same thing?

/Off topic