Common searches

First post, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

On Toms Hardware...

http://www.tomshardware.com/picturestory/561- … hics-cards.html

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 1 of 6, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Amen ATI, always loved your stuff, but also always loved AMD stuff also. And besides, only the brand -name- is gone but to me it's still the same ATI 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2 of 6, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah. ATi has been officially dead to me since the AMD buyout. I'm glad they've decided to drop the ATi name rather than continue to drag the name down into the gutter. In all honesty though, I haven't really cared much for ATi's products since the RAGE II.

For anyone in here that's interested in helping out, I've started a wikipedia entry on early ATi products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI_Wonder_series

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 4 of 6, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

HAIL AMD!

Although on the video front I have been an Nvidia fanboi, I can't help but think where we would be (or wouldn't) thanks to AMD.

Fighting the good fight against the evil empire so that we gamers could have budget kick-ass systems year-in year-out for peanuts.

The ATI name never meant much to me = Now that it has become AMD, I will change my allegiance to AMD with my next card...

Reply 5 of 6, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have been a dual-fanboi for a long time, both nVida and ATi/AMD have there pluses and minuses 😉

Same goes on the CPU front too, although I tend to lean more toward AMD cpu's even though I live next door to where the new Intel cpu's are designed...

I'm currently running a HD5850 in my gaming rig and a 465 in my alternate box.

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 6 of 6, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does anyone on here own rare or uncommon ATi graphics cards? I am particularly interested in obtaining photos of early and unreleased Mach64 cards for VLB. Examples include a VLB Mach64 with the old style ceramic memory chips (like on the mach32 VRAM) and a MAch64 DRAM card that can be expanded to 4MB.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium