Reply 2 of 7, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The price is not so cool though...sorry but I'll pass 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 4 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Well, it's a pci one and those are rarer than the agp ones. By flashing the Bios you can use PC and Mac versions in the other machine AFAIK (flash the mac v5 with the pc bios and it should work in a PC).

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 7, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes, but as much as I love the 3DFX cards, it's just not worth THAT much to me. Anyway, hope the buyer enjoys his new card when he buys it!

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 7, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I dunno, if I had the cash I'd be tempted given the extra work he's done on it - save me doing it myself, given I still have an AGP sat in the cupboard waiting to have the fans replaced.

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 7 of 7, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Interesting, I don't feel so bad about purchasing the same card in the sell off of the MAC section at CompUSA so many years ago 😉

They had a single MAC Edition PCI card that I thought would work well with a Power Center MAC Clone box, turns out I was wrong.

Performance was completely lacking.

Then I found the BIOS flasher to make it a PC card, this was the best option and it just screams on my old retro box.

No matter where you go, there you are...