VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was wondering teh intarwebz again and came across a horrifying discovery that there had been a new Crusader game in development but it was canned during development. 🙁 This is causing me some belated internal weeping.

They even had Andrew Sega do a revamped theme song for the game.

Crusader: No Pity
theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZq-YvEUnyA
gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJvkaw4xerY

more info (incl mp3 link)
http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2010/04 … o-remorse-2006/

Reply 1 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, they dropped the 3rd instalment of the Origin's excellent Crusader series. Juts like how the sequel to BioForge by Origin got axed.

Blame it on the corporate mentality of big companies...cough...cough...EA...cough...

You stll can convert the original PSOne's Crusader No Remorse to EBOOT format for PSP and run it.

I'm running the same Crusader No Remorse for PSOne on my android phone with PSX4Droid emulator. Speed is excellent in my Desire Z.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 2 of 8, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If I was EA, I would've been uninspired by that gameplay footage too.

Now don't get me wrong, a modern version of the Crusader games would be epic, especially if the rest of the music in the finished game followed the level of quality they had going there, but what they showed of the gameplay seemed very lacking and it's hard to explain why...

Go play one of the Crusader games with the sound off for a few minutes, or heck, just watch some gameplay footage on YouTube, then go look at the gameplay footage of the unreleased PSP remake, and perhaps then what I'm trying to say will make a little more sense.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 3 of 8, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I thought it looked a lot like a full 3D take on the original gameplay. Art was even extremely similar. But the old games are pretty quirky and probably not the best gameplay to duplicate at this point. I saw that rigidity in the video but as with the oldies it wouldn't stop me from playing.

Reply 5 of 8, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Malik: since you are mentioning a name I know. Then I am used to calling it Electra Anus , which was actually me who made the name become that. Cause the name started out as Electra Ainus on Retro Core. Which has now become a youtube show, by the same author 😀 Okay enough for now, but yeah it is sad when they are canning good games. And also if there had been a Crusader game for the PSP. That would maybe have been the reason for me to buy a PSP, but alas thanks to Sony for being cunts, then I have not bought any PSP. Or a PS3 for that matter.

Reply 6 of 8, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I had a PSP for awhile but I am just not into portable gaming much anymore. These days I don't spend time in a situation where it is a good passtime like Gameboy and family excursions as a kid. But the tech is fascinating to me still. Actually I also don't liketiny LCDs anymore now that we have things like netbooks and tablets.

I think the Shadowgrounds devs or one of the other companies doing top down shooters should have a go at Crusader and make it for PC. 😀

Reply 7 of 8, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
swaaye wrote:

I thought it looked a lot like a full 3D take on the original gameplay. Art was even extremely similar.

Agreed. Much like the original Van Buren version of Fallout 3.

But the old games are pretty quirky and probably not the best gameplay to duplicate at this point. I saw that rigidity in the video but as with the oldies it wouldn't stop me from playing.

These days I don't think any company would release a game with such an unintuitive control scheme. Did we have lower expectations back then?

Korea Beat -- my cool translation blog.

Reply 8 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ironically, in my PSP, I spend more time with emulation games rather than actual PSP games! Most of the time, I spend time playing SNES RPG games, GBA strategy and strategy/rpg hybrids, Sega Genesis platform and action games, MAME beat-em-ups and NES platforms, and so on and so forth. And have I mentioned Amiga and ST joystick friendly games too? Hehehe..

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers