Common searches

SunPC 4.2

Topic actions

First post, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I couldn't really find an appropriate place to post this, but here goes. I have been searching high and low for a copy of SunPC 4.2. There are no valid links for it to download anywhere that I can find and I have never seen a legit copy for sale anywhere. Does anyone have a copy of this laying around they can make a .iso of?

Reply 3 of 7, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good luck.

Oracle screwed Sun Microsystems customers/users over when they started taking over. The download/support section was first to go, then the pricing/support contracts on x86 hardware went all to hell, and they clearly have no idea how to deal with the various open source projects that developed under Sun.

My collection database and technical wiki:
https://www.target-earth.net

Reply 4 of 7, by Biewz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Sliderider, did you ever get your hands on SunPC 4.2?
I have been searching for so long and in the mean time have my hands on SunPC 4.1 which should do what you want with 4.2, I'd be happy to share since i know its impossible to find.
I also have SunPCi 1.1.2, 2.2 and 3.2 for the 3 newer PCI based accelerators.
Find the latter 2 here: http://ftp.wuppy.net.ru/solaris/sunpci/

Let me know.

Reply 6 of 7, by Biewz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thats correct, the FTP links will only get you SunPCi 2.3 and 3.3 (SUNWspci2 and SUNWspci3)
I just put it up since thats all i ever found online after a lot of searching.
I do have SunPC4.1 if you need it, I actually have an original CD.

On the other hand i am after SunPC 4.2 if anyone ever reads this and happens to have it. the package name is SUNWsunpc.

I'm also trying to find a later version than SunPCi 1.1.2
I think 1.3 was the last one.

Anyway if anyone has a place they would like me to upload SunPC 4.1 I'd be glad to.

Regards,

Reply 7 of 7, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Biewz wrote:
thats correct, the FTP links will only get you SunPCi 2.3 and 3.3 (SUNWspci2 and SUNWspci3) I just put it up since thats all i e […]
Show full quote

thats correct, the FTP links will only get you SunPCi 2.3 and 3.3 (SUNWspci2 and SUNWspci3)
I just put it up since thats all i ever found online after a lot of searching.
I do have SunPC4.1 if you need it, I actually have an original CD.

On the other hand i am after SunPC 4.2 if anyone ever reads this and happens to have it. the package name is SUNWsunpc.

I'm also trying to find a later version than SunPCi 1.1.2
I think 1.3 was the last one.

Anyway if anyone has a place they would like me to upload SunPC 4.1 I'd be glad to.

Regards,

I'm pretty sure SunPC 4.2 was available as both a CD included with later models of the emulator boards and as a download to update an installation of 4.1 to 4.2.