VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Shoonay

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know it took me a while to post something here since I registered, 🤣, but just wanted to introduce something to you guys that we've been working on with the folks from TheCompany.pl - preconfigured Amiga games stored in a single EXE file ready to use right after start. 😀

http://thecompany.pl/game

There's also a forum-place you can drop a "Hi!" 😀
http://forum.thecompany.pl

Reply 1 of 12, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

2005? That sure is a while...but perhaps you'd better not post single new topics with a link in your signature. The locals have recently turned into an angry mob who like to give back peck and feathers and then drag the spammers to the edge of the village by the hair 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2 of 12, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Shoons is no spammer Tetrium 😁 and the website on it's sig does not offer cheap discount pills and cell phones LOOOOL

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4 of 12, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keropi wrote:

Shoons is no spammer Tetrium 😁 and the website on it's sig does not offer cheap discount pills and cell phones LOOOOL

Hey, I didn't report him, give me some slack L O L! 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

WinUAE was such a turnoff last time I tried it that I never felt inclined to try anything Amiga ever since, so yes, this is a nice development.

I'd be concerned about including Kickstart ROMs in the distributions, but then, that would hardly be the only concern along those lines.

Reply 7 of 12, by Shoonay

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

I'd be concerned about including Kickstart ROMs in the distributions, but then, that would hardly be the only concern along those lines.

I knew this would pop up, so, here's the official TheCompany statement: we DO NOT provide direct access to anything that isn't available already "freely" all over the net. As a matter of fact, the contents of each and every EXE file is well protected from most people and they're not a concern of the end-user. 😉

Reply 8 of 12, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmmm, hardly a legitimate defence though really, is it? The kickstart rom and original game data is still inside the executable.
Dependent on the game, you may be ok - I know quite a few Amiga developers have given the ok to releasing their games for free - but by no means all, but certainly the Commodore rom you won't have permission to distribute.

My collection database and technical wiki:
https://www.target-earth.net

Reply 10 of 12, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So you just host your files on megaupload instead then? Seeing as that's where the links go. You (or others belonging to your site) clearly package up WinUAE, the commodore kickstart rom and game code and data, upload it to a file sharing site, and then provide links to that file via your 'exe' list.

I must admit that I'm perplexed, as this site normally doesn't tolerate any mention of 'abandonware' or other 'warez'.

My collection database and technical wiki:
https://www.target-earth.net

Reply 12 of 12, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If the games contain Kickstart images they're clearly in the Warez/Abandonware category. In addition to that, I don't think the OP (or the website maintainer) has the legal rights do distribute the games. Therefore, all links in this thread and in the OPs signature should be removed - like all links to a Website offering DOSBox packaged with commercial games would be.

This thread strikes me as a feeble attempt at "marketing" the website.

No amount of "but we're only packaging the games"-type argumentation will change the simple facts.