Common searches

Today's Predicted Rapture!

Topic actions

First post, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OMGosh! It's May 21st at 6:00pm, and I'm sitti........... .. .. ............ ..

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net

Reply 1 of 46, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

well its Sunday here in Australia and pretty much nothing happened yesterday at 6pm...

however - for anyone that does get raptured, I call dibs on the stuff you leave behind.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 3 of 46, by GXL750

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

But just in case today was merely the start (they didn't say the whole rapture would happen in just a day), I'll be glad to watch over any Christian member's old hardware for them since they won't be able to take it to heaven with them.

I'll also watch over their kitty cats, goldfish and stocked liquor cabinets too.

Reply 4 of 46, by nemesis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
GXL750 wrote:

But just in case today was merely the start (they didn't say the whole rapture would happen in just a day), I'll be glad to watch over any Christian member's old hardware for them since they won't be able to take it to heaven with them.

I'll also watch over their kitty cats, goldfish and stocked liquor cabinets too.

HAHAHAHA 🤣 at least I know my hardware would be in good hands if it were really today.
I think it's kinda sad that people get wrapped up in this rapture/judgment day prediction. The same book they calculate these numbers from says that nobody will know when it is comming and that it will be over as quickly as it starts. I don't mean to offend anyone with my rant so I'll stop right now.
And now the funny part: 😉 did anyone see the pictures of the castoff clothing?
P.S. Sorry, no drink or pets here though.

Reply 5 of 46, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

*agrees with nemesis*
Claiming to have found the date by deciphering clues in the bible goes against what the bible says.

Matthew 24:36
No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Reply 6 of 46, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, over here in Asia, there were some worries for the date Sept 9th 1999 (9-9-99) previously, regarding some sort of Apocalypse.

Next major date would be the date when the Mayan Calendar ends : December 23rd 2012.

But the important thing is, what we're doing NOW.

I don't tend to follow religious scriptures by the letter or predcitons by the book. For me, I love to think to help and shower kindness to others, and don't hurt or cheat others, and enjoy life and have good fun today. This is my way of thinking of life. 😀

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 7 of 46, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm a fairly religious man, and I also believe there will be a "rapture" of sorts sometime, but I agree with this:

SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:

Matthew 24:36
No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

rfnagel wrote:

OMGosh! It's May 21st at 6:00pm, and I'm sitti........... .. .. ............ ..

Damn! Turned out to be a PC keyboard glitch 🤣!!!

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel

Reply 8 of 46, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DonutKing wrote:

however - for anyone that does get raptured, I call dibs on the stuff you leave behind.

Damn.....too late 😁

Well, nothing happened here...just like the predicted end of the world in 1975, 🤣

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 9 of 46, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:

Well, nothing happened here...just like the predicted end of the world in 1975, 🤣

As well as (what year was it?) 1994.

Oh, and of course (loosely related), 2000 (the Y2K "bug") <grin>.

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel

Reply 11 of 46, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Y2K was different though. There was a real problem but it was fixed in the vast majority of cases so nothing happened.
I used to work for a hospital and now work in finance and in both cases the major computer systems had issues with the date rollover, and were patched to fix the issue well before the deadline. We're talking old PICK multivalue databases run on big Unix servers, nothing like the sort of hardware we talk about here 😀

But given the huge publicity that surrounded the Y2K bug well in advance, any company that fell prey to it would have looked pretty damn stupid - its not like they didn't have plenty of opportunity to get it fixed. I heard a rumour that one hospital in western australia went offline due to Y2K issues but it was all kept under the radar to avoid bad press.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 12 of 46, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Anyone that truly believed the world was ending on May 21st was welcome to sign over their bank account, house, and car to me effective May 22nd. I didn't get any takers on that offer.

Y2K was a real problem, after all look at what happened after Y1K - we had hundreds of years of Dark Ages...

Reply 13 of 46, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:

Since we're all still here, I guess that means we weren't good enough to be taken. Kinda sad, really. 🙁

Nope, we're now all in hell..........riight??? 😜
With Vogons as a digital oasis 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 14 of 46, by SavantStrike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Lawls I just caught this thread. I'm ashamed that Harold Camping got as much press as he did. I'm with nemesis, skar, and rf, the guy couldn't even read the book he was pounding on so hard.

I really hoped he would have had an awesome radio program though. You know, one big loop with some major talk. Maybe a fake emergency broadcast message, some sirens. Something as catchy as all those billboards. Instead their web site was down and the programming was all hymns.

On another note, I really should consider some sort of hardware will. It would be a shame for my stuff to end up in the trash bin if I got hit by a bus or something.

Reply 15 of 46, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SavantStrike wrote:

On another note, I really should consider some sort of hardware will. It would be a shame for my stuff to end up in the trash bin if I got hit by a bus or something.

That thought has crossed my mind a couple times also but frankly, I don't think theres much we could do if such an unfortunate thing were to ever happen.
Noone in my "circle" has the kind of expertise, or knowledge, about hardware as I do. I think most would eventually be binned, unfortunately.
And even if I were to make such a will, who would be suitable to execute it?
When taking into consideration that some of us have literally hundreds of different parts, people not knowledgeable in computers and computer history would have no idea where to begin! 😜

Report spammers here!

Reply 16 of 46, by SavantStrike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:
That thought has crossed my mind a couple times also but frankly, I don't think theres much we could do if such an unfortunate t […]
Show full quote
SavantStrike wrote:

That thought has crossed my mind a couple times also but frankly, I don't think theres much we could do if such an unfortunate thing were to ever happen.
Noone in my "circle" has the kind of expertise, or knowledge, about hardware as I do. I think most would eventually be binned, unfortunately.
And even if I were to make such a will, who would be suitable to execute it?
When taking into consideration that some of us have literally hundreds of different parts, people not knowledgeable in computers and computer history would have no idea where to begin! 😜

I'd think out of respect for the dead they could just take large bulk pictures and ask questions on forums. Then maybe ebay it all off and give the proceeds to charity or something.

Reply 17 of 46, by Pippy P. Poopypants

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a suspicion that the beer companies are behind this. 😀 Oh well, great way to spend the "last day" away from the computer.

And for the record, the same type of nutheads predicted doomsday back in 1982 and that a major terrorist attack would hit the US in 2007.

GUIs and reviews of other random stuff

Вфхуи ZoPиЕ m
СФИР Et. SEPOHЖ
Chebzon фt Ymeztoix © 1959 zem

Reply 18 of 46, by nemesis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Pippy P. Poopypants wrote:

I have a suspicion that the beer companies are behind this. 😀 Oh well, great way to spend the "last day" away from the computer.

And for the record, the same type of nutheads predicted doomsday back in 1982 and that a major terrorist attack would hit the US in 2007.

Actually the end times have been predicted more than 200 times (recorded in history anyway). Which just hurts everyone. Don't get me wrong, I believe the end will come but crying wolf just makes things worse.
As far as the hardware will is concerned, I'm more worried someone is going to contact P.A.T.A.C.H. (protection against the abuse of computer hardware) after I fried a couple parts today 😢 .

Reply 19 of 46, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, just in case anyone "repented" and wanted to give away whatever fortunes they have amassed, including all those retro pc hardware/games goodies, and planned to take refuge at the "final place" when "the moment" arrives, before going there, please PM me!

I'll give you my address so that you can safely send them to me.

And if anyone has some Roland CM-500s, MPU-401s in the will, they're much appreciated! 😁

Edit: I started liking this Harold Camping guy. Please get me the next dates that he has predicted. I think I'll ask him to PM me too. Maybe his followers has some "unknown pc components" in their attic or basement that they might want to give away. (Maybe some LAPC-I and SCC-1 cards in their lot. (Maybe they're willing to send me their unused 386s or 286s).

P.S. I believe there will be a Doomsday too. But the date is hidden from us humans. My comments are purely for good fun, and not intended to hurt any religions(s) or belief(s).

Scientifically, it's just a matter of time when a stray asteroid enters into our orbit, or when the next major earthquake strikes. Any major geographic disasters concentrating on food production sites or energy and resource production sites is enough to spell doom on this planet. It's just a matter of time when it's gonna happen.

So, love ya all! 😁

(My "religion" is just being in or showing kindness, compassion and love to all - "actual religions" seem to only cause separations and hatred amongst us).

😀

Last edited by Malik on 2011-05-23, 05:06. Edited 1 time in total.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers