Today's Predicted Rapture!

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 46, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
nemesis wrote:

Heck, I even tried to calculate the diameter of the sun before I went to kindergarten!

HAHA that's awesome, I thought I was the only person I met that did stuff similar to that, that I'd ever meet. When everyone was rushing off to the amusement park, I prefered to sit at home and read encyclopedias (I could read pretty well when I was about 3). Too bad I didn't keep up with my gray matter after I graduated 🙁 . I used to have an obsession with self education and excelled in every subject til I got bored with it 🤣 . Now, I'm doing well just to remember how to tie my shoelaces (ok, that's a slight exaggeration).

The sun has a diameter of ~1,380,000 Km/865,000 miles, and an average distance of ~149,000,000 Km/91,000,000 miles... with that in perspective, I always thought it was funny how close earth looked to the sun in distance and proportion in most book depictions of our solar system.

Lol, bold part = definitely me 😁

And you know what the worst part was when I calculated the sun? It failed, as I didn't know the earth-sun distance! 🙁
and neither did my parents btw.
Oh well, was a nice try anyway 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 42 of 46, by Barry_Purplelips

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

These churches really ought to quit "predicting" the end of the world. When shit like this happens (and it always does) some people feel betrayed and may completely turn their back on religion as a result, losing their morals, eventually giving in to the ever-preying leftist degeneracy.

Promote conservative values, worship God, do whatever you want, but don't be an ass, you don't know when the world's going to end and you should never pretend you do.

Reply 43 of 46, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't pray to any god. I'm a good person anyway. Frankly, I do none of the "evil" things that aren't according to the bible, except the preying stuff etc.
I don't lie (except when I have to, alas the world is a b**ch sometimes), never killed anyone, I don't steal, I respect others and I actually like helping others, no hidden agenda's or anything.

If there's any spiritual being (or call it a god, doesn't really matter) that will still be sending me to burn in hell and be in excruciating pain and agony for all eternity because I don't go on my knees, then that spiritual being doesn't deserve to have me in close proximity to him/it anyway 😜

What a hate, and what for? Isn't it the idea to be a good person? Yet I believe good people shouldn't rot in hell no matter what, and definitely not for a lame reason as not being someone who believes.

Just my €0.02

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 44 of 46, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ahhh, I wouldn't worry too much. Those "religious" types usually lack a sense of being, have low self-esteem and are pathological sociopaths. Just cause they got some disgusting affliction of the genitals or their testes are as yet undescended, they're forever in a bad mood and thus everything that doesn't fit in with their sterile, mundane existence is wrong, sinful, bla bla bla like mostly naked chicks and hookers and such- yeah mostly that. So, cutting a long story short, they mask their inadequacies by propagating religious zealotry as a warped form of reverse snobbery on the rest of society. Well, I say they can stick a finger up their bums and blow themselves.

Reply 45 of 46, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Malik: my personal belief , is a mixture of JCs teachings , and Buddhism (karma). Cause I believe in God as the ultimate, I follow the teachings of JC who has a lot in common with the Buddhist teachings, and I am not going to shove down any kind of bible shit in peoples throats.

So I believe in God, I try to be a good human being. And I have moved myself away from the conventional Christianity, cause too much stuff has happened in the name of "Christianity". So if the world ends tomorrow. I will fucking have a party today 😀