Today's Predicted Rapture!

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 46, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Malik wrote:

Well, just in case anyone "repented" and wanted to give away whatever fortunes they have amassed
---snip---

LMAO! 😀

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net

Reply 21 of 46, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Malik wrote:

My "religion" is just being in or showing kindness, compassion and love to all - "actual religions" seem to only cause separations and hatred amongst us).
😀

Amen to that brother! That's my "religion" too. Live peacefully, spread cheer wherever you go, do no harm to others...

BTW, I don't think anyone believing in that "the end is nigh, doom to us all" crap would have amassed anything in the way of cool hardware, or for that matter anything cool at all... 😵

Reply 22 of 46, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Malik wrote:
Well, just in case anyone "repented" and wanted to give away whatever fortunes they have amassed, including all those retro pc h […]
Show full quote

Well, just in case anyone "repented" and wanted to give away whatever fortunes they have amassed, including all those retro pc hardware/games goodies, and planned to take refuge at the "final place" when "the moment" arrives, before going there, please PM me!

I'll give you my address so that you can safely send them to me.

And if anyone has some Roland CM-500s, MPU-401s in the will, they're much appreciated! 😁

Edit: I started liking this Harold Camping guy. Please get me the next dates that he has predicted. I think I'll ask him to PM me too. Maybe his followers has some "unknown pc components" in their attic or basement that they might want to give away. (Maybe some LAPC-I and SCC-1 cards in their lot. (Maybe they're willing to send me their unused 386s or 286s).

P.S. I believe there will be a Doomsday too. But the date is hidden from us humans. My comments are purely for good fun, and not intended to hurt any religions(s) or belief(s).

Scientifically, it's just a matter of time when a stray asteroid enters into our orbit, or when the next major earthquake strikes. Any major geographic disasters concentrating on food production sites or energy and resource production sites is enough to spell doom on this planet. It's just a matter of time when it's gonna happen.

So, love ya all! 😁

(My "religion" is just being in or showing kindness, compassion and love to all - "actual religions" seem to only cause separations and hatred amongst us).

😀

Maybe time to start a "will" topic? 😜

If I were to ever hear I have just 1 month to live, I'd definitely would want to make as many Vononers happy as I possibly could and at least send out the "really neat" stuff before the time's up (btw, I'm in perfect physical health, tis just a "what if" thingy 😁).

Stuff like:
P3/Athlon boards with ISA slots, 486 boards, the Voodoo's, lots of soundcards, weird floppy-like drives (ZIP, LS-120 and in particular the 2,88's!), CPU's (like 1 or 2 ES's, unlocked Deschutes etc etc), memory, too much to write down!
It would be a waste (literally) to have the really neat stuff go to a scrapper so I'd definitely be giving my local post office a lot of work in a short time, L O L! 😜 😜 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 24 of 46, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
GXL750 wrote:

Shouldn't have made the offer. Plan on having poisoned coffee and visiting the post office soon.

That wouldn't leave me much time to send out the parcels though 😜 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 26 of 46, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Lol, how am I gonna bring all the stuff to the post office? Seriously, it's impossible to do in less then a month or so haha! 😜

Report spammers here!

Reply 27 of 46, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hmmm....I can see where this topic is taking us now. So, uh....just in case if anyone's interested :

5750103105_c49b0f3abf_z.jpg

Remember - he's in Booty Island. It's uh....near Scabb Island.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 31 of 46, by GXL750

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think the only thing about religion we can say for sure is that we'll know what's right when we die. Unfortunately, that makes it quite hard to share the proper and accurate information with the world.

Reply 32 of 46, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What I don't like about religions is...they make dying such a point!
Why so negative? Be happy and live your life as it is! Death will come sooner or later anyway 🤣

Report spammers here!

Reply 34 of 46, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tetrium wrote:

Why so negative? Be happy and live your life as it is! Death will come sooner or later anyway 🤣

The point is that if you don't live your life in the right way AND for the right reasons, then it's all been in vain. Your motivations in life are just as important as your actions. If you go around doing good deeds but have an ulterior motive, then the good deeds don't count regardless of how many people benefited from them. You would then die thinking you have followed the will of God for doing so many good things for so many people but if your heart wasn't in the right place, you'll still go to hell.

Reply 35 of 46, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tetrium wrote:

Amen.

I've encountered the very same people and leaders in (my so called) religion who "preach" the religion, but do it for some other shrewd purposes. Heck, they don't even practise what they ask us "disciples" to do. I've been double-crossed more times by the "religious leaders" than I can think of others.

There're too many controversies in "religion", and things don't add up. There always seem to be some inconsistencies somewhere.

If we question too many, and if the "learned scholars" can't answer our questions, they warn us of crossing the blasphemy line and label us infidels and traitors. And they even label us as anti-chr*** in some religions and sata** in others if we push further.

I believe in GOD, but I wonder where He was or why He didn't help a 2 year old girl who was helplessly raped by a bastard, when they're alone. Or even the 9-month old girl who was sexually abused and found dead?
Why didn't God help the poor child when the bastard is enjoying himself over the helpless child? So, do miracles only happen when prophets and messengers of God were alive?

GXL750 wrote:

^ Doom and gloom is much easier to make money from. Profit off people's fear is a business model that is yet to fail them.

There is some truth in this. History thought us much.

Love others, don't hurt others, and have a good fun filled life. (my so called (once) religion causes more hatred towards "non-believers" which is total crap to me.)

Note : These are my own views and are not meant to hurt any religions or ideals. Any references which are deemed offensive are sincerely apologized for. (I was a "devout disciple" once, till I experienced the truth.)

Love, Help and Compassion to All and shedding of malice/ill-will and ill-actions are all I crave now.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 36 of 46, by nemesis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't see dying as being a negative point. I know where I'm going after I die, so I'm not worried about it... barely give it a thought. (I personally don't believe "religion" alone is what saves us, but rather a personal relation with God. Just saying that so you know where I'm comming from.)
That said, I just wanted to quote something the Bible says about "religion" specifically vs. what it has come to mean in modern times because of people that abuse the use of it.

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:27 (KJV)

So basically pure religion is doing good, acting in a fair manner, etc. Well you get the point.
I think that sounds pretty close to what most of you claim as a religion so I'd say as far as the definition of religion, you have it down pretty well.
The fact is, we were all born with a free will so we'll all choose whatever we will choose anyway and we can't blame anyone else for our choices in life but ourselves (I wish that part weren't true 😁 ).
Edit: I just wnated to add that I don't mean to offend anyone and that I'm not offended by anything anyone has said.

Reply 37 of 46, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

As I don't believe in any god, theres no point for me there is an afterlife. My choice is to do as much good as I can anyway. I actually like doing good and helping people, I don't need no crummy book or spiritual guidance for that.
I've always been wanting to investigate stuff. Heck, I even tried to calculate the diameter of the sun before I went to kindergarten! And the porblem with wanting to help people is that theres plenty people wanting to take advantage of it. I found out the hard wat, but at least I learned from my mistakes hehe 😉

Report spammers here!

Reply 38 of 46, by nemesis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Heck, I even tried to calculate the diameter of the sun before I went to kindergarten!

HAHA that's awesome, I thought I was the only person I met that did stuff similar to that, that I'd ever meet. When everyone was rushing off to the amusement park, I prefered to sit at home and read encyclopedias (I could read pretty well when I was about 3). Too bad I didn't keep up with my gray matter after I graduated 🙁 . I used to have an obsession with self education and excelled in every subject til I got bored with it 🤣 . Now, I'm doing well just to remember how to tie my shoelaces (ok, that's a slight exaggeration).

The sun has a diameter of ~1,380,000 Km/865,000 miles, and an average distance of ~149,000,000 Km/91,000,000 miles... with that in perspective, I always thought it was funny how close earth looked to the sun in distance and proportion in most book depictions of our solar system.

Reply 39 of 46, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well I don't know bout you guys but the world definitely ended over here! Y'all just missed out!

😵 😵 😵 😕 😕 🤣

I mean seriously Duke Forever could not be coming out if we weren't enjoying the apocalypse.