VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BR4ZIL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello folks 😊 , i have been looking for a really old DOS game for quite a while now, its a sidescroller in the style of Out of this World, you play as a Tech/Nerd (kinda like Martin Mystery) guy that goes back in time and for some reason you have to save a princess from a black knight, all i remember is that you run back and fourth in a dark castle, trying to get a key to open an door or something, i even remember that you had to knock out a cook for said key. the game came in a diskette and a manual that included a comic for the game, if memory doesnt fails me this game as part of a series.i hope this information is useful, as this game is "very" old, surely before 2000

here is some SS that might help:
you character looks like kinda like this:
martin1.jpg
and Out of This world looks like this:
dicas-do-jogo-out-of-this-world.jpg

Thanks in advance
-BR4ZIL

Reply 1 of 9, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dang! I love side-scrolling games but can't remember the settings you mentioned. The thing that comes to my mind are Rick Dangerous 2 and Dangeorus Dave, but both these do not fulfill your criteria.

Ermm... remember the weapons he used in that game? How the enemies look like - humans or creatures or both?

Other game in a castle like setting is Magic Pockets by Bitmap Brothers. But he throws various items as weapons - candies, sticks, toys etc.

EDIT :

1. Is it a VGA, EGA or CGA game?
2. Weapons used - projectile or melee (guns or swords)
3. Does the Tech/Nerd wear glasses?
4. Does the whole gameplay takes place in the past alone? Is it a medieval setting?

Last edited by Malik on 2011-06-06, 10:24. Edited 1 time in total.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 3 of 9, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sounds cool...almost like King's Quest meets Flashback?

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 4 of 9, by BR4ZIL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
1. Is it a VGA, EGA or CGA game? 2. Weapons used - projectile or melee (guns or swords) 3. Does the Tech/Nerd wear glasses? 4 […]
Show full quote

1. Is it a VGA, EGA or CGA game?
2. Weapons used - projectile or melee (guns or swords)
3. Does the Tech/Nerd wear glasses?
4. Does the whole gameplay takes place in the past alone? Is it a medieval setting?

Hmm...
1: it was definitly VGA,
2: i dont remember using weapons at all or enemies for that matter 😢 (of course, i can be wrong) , the only sure danger was some gaps you had to jump over. It was a very slow paced game, like a mix between an adventure game with side-scroller perspective, when you enter a door sometimes it transported you another part of the level (sidescroller) and sometimes it showed a Picture of the room your in and you could search it for items.
3: possibly 😖
4: not sure, i dont remember ever completing the game, but i am sure at least the first level was on a dark castle

Blackthorne?

Thanks, but nope 🙁 although it had Blackthorne's Dark Atmosphere, but.... inside a castle 😜

Reply 7 of 9, by BR4ZIL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sounds like Time Runners to me.

Yes! after looking at this Screenshot of Time Runners i am 100% its this one 😊

timerun30.png

Thanks everyone! expecially you Sir Vogons 😁 whew! been looking for that game for like months 😅

Sounds cool...almost like King's Quest meets Flashback?

i did searched for Flashback and it seems like a good game, also thanks 😁

now the question is.... where i am gonna find this game 😳

Reply 9 of 9, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

searching for dos time runners turned up a few good results.

> W98SE . P3 1.4S . 512MB . Q.FX3K . SB Live! . 64GB SSD
>WXP/W8.1 . AMD 960T . 8GB . GTX285 . SB X-Fi . 128GB SSD
> Win XI . i7 12700k . 32GB . GTX1070TI . 512GB NVME