VOGONS

Common searches

Hi everyone!

Topic actions

First post, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey everyone, I've been a long time lurker but have decided that it was now time to join in with the discussion here 😁 I'm 18 and from the U.K. As my older brother was constantly getting new (and old) PCs and taking them apart, I got the bug for computing and since then I've started an obsession collecting graphics cards, and to a lesser extent sound cards too! 😀

Currently I have:

Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3D2 PCI - The 8MB SLI set of Voodoo2 cards, boxed
miro HISCORE 4MB 3DFX Voodoo - Unboxed
3dfx Voodoo3 3000 AGP - Unboxed
'Elephant'/Generic Rendition Verite V2200 8MB PCI - New and boxed
3 Unidentified Rendition Verite V2200 4MB AGP cards - Maybe swaaye will be able to identify these 😉
ATi Rage Pro Turbo 4MB AGP Unboxed (From a Compaq I believe)
Hercules 3D Prophet 4000XT 64MB PCI - Unboxed
and finally an Intel i740 8MB AGP; although this one is a little different from the norm as it has a RealMagic 'Malibu' DVD decoder daughterboard. Couldn't find and drivers on the internet and had to send a picture of the card to RealMagic for them to identify and send the drivers! Haven't tried the DVD decoder yet though...

My old PCs which these components are used in:

Dell Dimension L667r - Nice Micro ATX P3-667 machine with an 810 chipset and 128MB RAM No extra bells and whistles but it does its job well. Lacks ISA however so I bought...

QDI Legend Socket 370 PIII-800, 128MB RAM - Nice board, 440BX chipset. Got this from eBay pretty cheap, I'm happy with it. Has ISA slots so I can use my Dream 9407 based soundcards 😀

Oh and my soundcards:

Numerous SoundBlaster Live cards; solid DOS app support so I like 'em.
A couple of AWE 64 Value cards (512K) unboxed.
Guillemot Maxi Sound 64 Dynamic 3D - Boxed
Terratec EWS 64/S - Unboxed.

Oh and I just bought this... Rather pleased with the price! 😉

Anyway enough of my chatter! I look forward to contributing to discussions with you guys 😀

Cheers!

Reply 1 of 3, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You are 18 and already into retro stuff? 🤣

That's awesome...

Hmm looking back I do remember playing with arcade emulators when I was your age. They were DOS based. I think one was callus and there was also a C64 emulator.

Well fresh blood is always welcomed! Good on you…

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 2 of 3, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Welcome aboard! And nice find on Ebay!

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!