Welcome to the Desert of the Real World

Topic actions

Reply 61 of 71, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Snover & Co.

Sorry, but I'm really not getting on with the new skin 🙁 I didn't post immediately but thought I'd see what I felt like after a few visits.... it's no better - arghhhh! I ddn't love the old one but it was clear and readable.

I'm not sure of phpBB's capabilities but can you not upload some skins and let each user decide what style they want? Sorry to be a pain!

Reply 65 of 71, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think I am sure, but I must say i got used to this narrow view 😉
It's easier to read posts cause it looks like a real paper and you are not losing text while swiching from line to line. Right now I think only the window with threads could be wider... but as i said i got used to it 😀
Even the window with threads has it's adventages when it is narrow cause you have all columns close to each other and you see them easily.

btw- cannot you swich your desktop to lower res and check how it looks like yourself?

Reply 67 of 71, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Too much javascript, whatever happened to good old <a href="">?! I like to open posts/threads in new windows, but when I do a search, for instance, all hits come out as onClick() not as href links, so no chance of opening them links in a new window as easily as before. That sucks!

Reply 70 of 71, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

yeah, the result of a search, i see it now.

btw - i think it would be nice if there was a blue (empty or not) bar between sticked and normal threads. It would be way more clear this way.

Reply 71 of 71, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I agree with you on that wholeheartedly but right now there is no way of separating those from regular posts. Once I get through my whole List of Things to Do I'll see about changing viewforum.php to facilitate that.

Yes, it’s my fault.