l33t++

I do

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 1 of 10, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I bought it when it was on sale and have played it very briefly but I've not really gone back to it as I couldn't get into it. I'll have to try again. That said, I've not played Minecraft in ages... 🤣

Reply 2 of 10, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I played it when it first came out, couldn't put it down for a solid two weeks... haven't really played it since, I see they've released a few more patches for it so I'll have to check it out again, its an awesome game.

...and holy shit, how long did it take you to build all that?????????

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 3 of 10, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Reminds me a bit of liero 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 4 of 10, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah it does a bit, but the focus is less on PvP and more on collecting resources and crafting

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 5 of 10, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can't figure out what makes everyone freak out over it. I can't really seem to progress like I can in Minecraft. I know there's untapped potential in it on my part, but I just can't discover it.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 7 of 10, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have both Minecraft and Terraria and I like them both, but for different reasons.

In Minecraft, building stuff is the most fun I have with it, but collecting the resources necessary to build stuff is a pain because the really good stuff is hard to find.

Terraria is the opposite. Collecting resources is fun because there's much more of a variety of stuff to encounter and it's not that hard, but building stuff is annoying because you need soooooooo many more resources to do it and there's only so much you can do in two dimensions.

Both games are fun to explore in, again for different reasons. In Minecraft, exploring is more about the wonder, seeing what curious configurations the world generation has in store. In Terraria, exploring is more about finding things, since there's so much stuff to find.

All that said, Terraria feels like a more complete experience at the moment, but considering it's past beta, and Minecraft isn't, that's understandable. Terraria also feels more like a game, whereas Minecraft feels more like a simulation.

While they're clearly both inspired off of each other in certain ways, they are two very different products.

My only complaint, universal to BOTH games actually, is that their creators are losing sight over what makes their games fun. Minecraft is becoming more and more about survival, losing sight of the desire to just build stuff which is what made it popular. (Creative Mode is supposed to be coming back in future versions.) Each Terraria update seems intent on making the game more difficult and linear, with the latest update making health potions almost useless, and some enemies do so much damage now that even having the best armour in the game doesn't really help much.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 9 of 10, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Creative mode is being implemented back into the game as of 1.8 apparently. Or maybe the full complete version 1 when it releases in November. Along with that they are doing away with Survival Mode and replacing it with Adventure Mode which has a lot more gameplay elements in it (some optional).

But I digress, this thread is for Terarria.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.