I do

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Steam summer challenge finally gave me some incentive to give it a whirl. I was kind of underwhelmed, actually.

I agree with RichB93. Beat Hazard is better. (It's also infuriatingly difficult and seizure-inducing, but nonetheless.)

Reply 5 of 12, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

The Steam summer challenge finally gave me some incentive to give it a whirl. I was kind of underwhelmed, actually.

I agree with RichB93. Beat Hazard is better. (It's also infuriatingly difficult and seizure-inducing, but nonetheless.)

Talking of seizure inducing, have you played the 'Ultra' DLC? You can turn the intensity up to 200% 😳

Back on topic though, yeah Audiosurf is a great little game! 😀 Think I bought it for something silly like 74p (possibly) during a Steam sale, although to be fair I don't think I'd pay anything about £3-4 for it.

Reply 7 of 12, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Beat Hazard is fantastic. And it's almost not worth playing without the Ultra update. It adds so much more to the game.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 8 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

however i'm also playing it to dethrone others and i'm loving the glee and joy when that happesn

Bah, there's no point to online leaderboards, says I. Inevitably, someone always finds some way to glitch up the system and get a score in the kajillions that you can't possibly hope to beat by skill alone.

Reply 12 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Fascinating. But come on, they ban people for "exploiting game bugs or glitches"? That's the programmer's problem!

There was a time when SFII combos were considered a "bug". Where exactly is the line drawn?