VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yesterday morning I got an email from Steam saying I had requested a password and email change to my account.

I sent in a support ticket explaining that I had not requested any changes.
I got the confirmation email, but nothing else.

Today I get another email from Steam saying I had requested a password change.

Now when I try to log in to my account it says that the user name or password are wrong or do not exist, so I sent in another support ticket.
Again I get the confirmation email but nothing else.

Has anyone else had this happen?

How long did it take for them to get back to you?

Sorry about the rant but this is very frustrating.

Reply 1 of 10, by Vince.Bloodworks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

F*ck*ng Steam 😠 ... a friend of mine forgot his password and they wanted him to pay 5$ so they would change it.... that's about one year ago but since that happend, he sh*ts on Steam.

Sorry buddy but I think waiting for this only results in wasted time 🙁

Reply 3 of 10, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

Did you use Steamguard?

I do not remember.

I didn't even have steam on my pc, as I had reinstalled windows and had not logged in to steam for months.

It just seems a bit odd that the email said if you did not request this change Don't worry your account is safe.

Apparently, it wasn't.

Reply 4 of 10, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Also,

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/announcement.php?f=14

I tried to edit my previous post, but all I got was a blank window.

They seem to claim no passwords were compromised, but I wonder.

Got an email from them, hopefully they fix this.

Reply 6 of 10, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You'll get it back soon enough. Worst case you will supply a few purchase/confirmation emails and you are good to go. It will take a bit of time however.

I also recommend you activate Steam Guard. It's another step asking for a verification code which is sent to your email account.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 7 of 10, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Steam's tech support can be slow sometimes, with response messages taking over a week or more. When I was having a problem installing something I had actually fixed the problem myself while waiting for a response, then got a response several days later.

All things considered, you may want to change your eMail password too, just in case.

Since you said Steam had already sent you an eMail back I imagine they've told you what information they need to solve this issue, but in case not, here's their particular support page which says what kind of information they need in order to deal with a hijacked account as quickly as possible: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.p … =2347-QDFN-4366

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 8 of 10, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have you got any retail keys attached to the account? If you do you can easily prove ownership of it by sending them an image of the cd key card. A friend of mine had the same problem because he used predictable passwords.

Reply 9 of 10, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got my account back today, looks like they had been playing counterstrike. I felt like sending some nasty messages to the people on their friends list, but I decided not to.

Reply 10 of 10, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
tannerstevo wrote:

I got my account back today, looks like they had been playing counterstrike. I felt like sending some nasty messages to the people on their friends list, but I decided not to.

Good one! Did you get any free games in the process? 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!