VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Like, seriously, I've never seen another small forum with so fricken' many of them! 🤣 Does it have something to do with the software this board is running?

Reply 3 of 14, by Svenne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
F2bnp wrote:

Probably. I don't think the forum has changed since it was first created. I may be wrong though!

According to the copyright notice at the bottom of the page, it's running a 9-year old version of phpBB 😖 .

Intel C2D 2.8 GHz @ 3.0 GHz | ASUS P5KPL | ASUS GTS250 1 GB | 4GB DDR2-800 | 500 GB SATA | Win 7 Pro/Ubuntu 9.10

Reply 4 of 14, by GXL750

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This valentines day, get your wife/boss/daughter/ ombudsman? the SPAM that says YOU JUST MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT LOVE HER with the SPAM canned, bagged and it was quite a fishing trip that time I brought out the premium bottled spam and she said "OH I DO" but don't take it from me try some SPAM NOW TODAY CREDIT CARD NOW with PAYPAL spam is perfect for weddings, funerals and raves OH SPAM she whispered in my ear and I knew she had to have it, she needed to see my SPAM CAN> I was researching in the spam then suddenly it hit me I heard you like spam so I'm gonna spam spam you can spam while you spam. Buy some spam today! I THINK YOU SHOULD BUY MY SPAM WITH PAYPAL! thikn of CHILDREN!

Reply 11 of 14, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't think the signup for this site uses a CAPTCHA or anything to deter spammers, it's just a technically easy target to hit.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 12 of 14, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

We use recaptcha for a few public facing things at work, its free and seriously easy to set up, and seems to work pretty well.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 13 of 14, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I use reCAPTCHA on VogonsDrivers.com! 😁

If you want to put in the effort, it's super skinnable too.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 14 of 14, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GXL750 wrote:

This valentines day, get your wife/boss/daughter/ ombudsman? the SPAM that says YOU JUST MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT LOVE HER with the SPAM canned, bagged and it was quite a fishing trip that time I brought out the premium bottled spam and she said "OH I DO" but don't take it from me try some SPAM NOW TODAY CREDIT CARD NOW with PAYPAL spam is perfect for weddings, funerals and raves OH SPAM she whispered in my ear and I knew she had to have it, she needed to see my SPAM CAN> I was researching in the spam then suddenly it hit me I heard you like spam so I'm gonna spam spam you can spam while you spam. Buy some spam today! I THINK YOU SHOULD BUY MY SPAM WITH PAYPAL! thikn of CHILDREN!

I 🤣'd. Literally, I did. 😁