http://classicdosgames.com 😒

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 6, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've already gotten eMails from people thinking the RGB Classic Games website died. Really, all they're doing is changing the domain registrar for the .com address, which is why it's not working for the moment. :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 3 of 6, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
Gemini000 wrote:

Really, all they're doing is changing the domain registrar for the .com address

Dunno the details of the registration lapse, but a cybersquatter snatched up the domain and wants US$8500 for it. There's some discussion about what happened in the forum there.

Reply 4 of 6, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ripsaw8080 wrote:
Gemini000 wrote:

Really, all they're doing is changing the domain registrar for the .com address

Dunno the details of the registration lapse, but a cybersquatter snatched up the domain and wants US$8500 for it. There's some discussion about what happened in the forum there.

*reads the forum instead of twitter* Ow. Yeah, keeping a domain name anymore is a matter of never, under any circumstances, allowing it to expire, even for a minute. x_x;

The plus side though is that searches for the RGB Classic Games website on Google is pulling up the .org before the .com now, so the .com address is rapidly losing its search position. Before long there would be no real reason to buy it back for any price. :P

If the site owner decides not to get the .com back I'll definitely go through all my ADG pages and update the direct links I have pointing there. (Although I already added the .org address to my general links page.)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 6 of 6, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ah okay.

strange, especially considering they're called rgb classic games

i've updated my HOSTS file as I browse by habit of typing up autocompleted url history. 😀

apsosig.png
long live PCem