anyone has the same situation?
Thanks
Jack

Reply 3 of 11, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So why would they be using a DYNAMIC DNS address instead of paying for a ral hosting service ?

What is Blue Lobster ?

Now if only you had said "Rock Lobster" instead 😁

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 6 of 11, by lucky7456969

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

just back to operation for 4 hours. Thanks.
Yes, bluelobster has got something about dos games.....
But excuse me for posting in here
Is it called blue lobster?
Maybe blue lobster bbs better off

Reply 7 of 11, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lucky7456969 wrote:
just back to operation for 4 hours. Thanks. Yes, bluelobster has got something about dos games..... But excuse me for posting in […]
Show full quote

just back to operation for 4 hours. Thanks.
Yes, bluelobster has got something about dos games.....
But excuse me for posting in here
Is it called blue lobster?
Maybe blue lobster bbs better off

I don't have a problem with your post as I was unware of the site myself until now.

I think I was just poking fun at the name is all.

Maybe instead of a DYNDNS they should move to a hosting company but I suppose they are really on a shoestring budget 😀

Just wondering if Vogons has a obscure Web Site thread to post this URL for future reference and a summary of what the site has to offer ?

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 8 of 11, by jaqie

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

shoestring? I own a dot com and dot org through godaddy and it costs under $20 a year. You can forward those to a dyndns name easily. There is no real financial excuse to host a site intended for the public without your own site name. Pro hosting, yes, that costs $7+ a month for a reliable one (hostgator, I get their $15 a month hosting which is unlimited in nearly every sense)

Reply 10 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

And whether you have a domain name and forward via dyndns or just plain dyndns makes no difference in regard to reliability.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 11 of 11, by Tark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry I didn't join this thread when it was current. I haven't been around here recently.

Don't know why the board would have been down in March, but it couldn't have been down long. Blue Lobster has been online continuously since March 2007, except for about a year when I decided to try to live without it.

The connection to retro gaming: about 20 online games, all of which used to run in DOS and one of which runs online inside DOSbox. Also I have several hundred DOS games in the download area.

About blue lobsters: they are real animals and should not be ridiculed (not that I knew that when I named the board -- I was shooting for something goofy that had a personal significance).

On a shoestring, yes.

Blue Lobster BBS
telnet://bluelobster.dyndns.org