VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ncmark

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
I got a nice haul of ISA cards off Ebay. The only one of the bunch I *really* wanted was the Awe64 gold. However, that is the one that is not working.
This isn't Friday the 13th????

Oddly enough, the computer will not POST wit the card in place. No video, no beep, nothing. I tried in three times. Any ideas? I have not seen THAT before.

I know, trash it.......... 🙁

Reply 1 of 5, by ncmark

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

UPDATE - on the other hand I some other stuff with that seems to work -a diamond stealth 64 S3 PCi Video card, and AWE64 (but not the gold version), a couple of Aztech sound cards (but my suspicion is that these are juink) and some other cards...

Reply 2 of 5, by CapnCrunch53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

First thing I would try if there's not any obvious damage on the card itself is to clean the contacts. From my experience with game cartridges, even if they look clean there can still be a lot of grime on them that could be preventing contact. I use 91% alcohol and Q-tips and just give it a few passes back and forth to get it cleaned up. I had to do that to my Sound Blaster Live! to get it to work recently, although it wasn't preventing the system from posting. Worth a shot anyways.

PCs, Macs, old and new... too much stuff.

Reply 4 of 5, by AdamP

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ncmark wrote:

I got a nice haul of ISA cards off Ebay. The only one of the bunch I *really* wanted was the Awe64 gold. However, that is the one that is not working.

I know exactly how you feel. It's typical isn't it?

I'm not sure if this is going to help, but take a look at this thread.