VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by thinkbolt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've got a nagging half-memory of a PC point-and-click sci-fi/horror game from the mid-90s. I can't remember the name, and I can't find it on any of the sites I've searched.

It had a first-person perspective, and you played a scientist, or maybe a relative of a dead scientist. There was an experimental device in an old house. You put on a bit of headgear, and you experienced the lives of people who had died near the house.

There was an extended scene that took place under the surface of the nearby lake, where you helped the ghost of a dead child retrieve a teddy bear or a "poppet." There was also the story of a gardener/handyman who peeped in a girl's windows. The various scenes ended when the ghosts were made to remember their deaths (I think).

I remember the game because of one or two shocking scenes that took me by surprise. I don't know why I never held onto it.

Anybody have a clue about its identity? I thought I remembered the name being simply "The Ring," but I believe I'm wrong. I remember the publisher being Dreamcatcher, but I believe that's also wrong.

Reply 1 of 1, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Most likely Amber: Journeys Beyond, looks like.

You'll want to get the patch that makes it usable under modern versions of Windows. There's been some talk of it here in the past.