VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi all,

Anyone have any good recommendations with a PC tool kit with a long screwdriver or possibly a pair of really thin needlenose pliers? There are these crazy bolt-on screws in my Quantum3D Graphite's case that are terribly difficult and nigh-impossible to remove without killing my hands. I could disconnect the power supply, but I would have to take apart half the computer and just wanted to change out the old hard drive. I currently have a bigger one sitting atop an antistatic bag for test purposes, but I definitely don't want to leave it like that. These are the weirdest bolts. They look like longer versions of the bronze ones in this photo:

stock-photo-array-of-computer-screws-washers-and-nuts-141565.jpg

The problem with that system is all the components are crammed into this tiny case. I'd ditch it and buy a mid-size ATX box if it weren't for the cool logos and my intent to keep it as original as possible. Thanks guys!

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 3 of 4, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Klein-65621-4-Inch-Sock … 8373179&sr=1-16
+
a set of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Powerbuilt-640842-4-Inc … 38373217&sr=1-6
+
a 1/4" 5mm socket

works perfect for removing those fasteners

Reply 4 of 4, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think the extensions may work! Thanks guys. 😀 I could probably just attach it to my existing tools. I think I'll try that (or raid my dad's garage- er, borrow some tools.)

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ