VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by PhaytalError

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm surprised no one here has announced this, but, Wolfenstein 3D has been released as a free in-browser game by Bethesda Software to mark the 20th anniversary of the game’s release.

The browser version is the full release of Wolfenstein 3D containing all 3 episodes; with all the secret places, complete with sound and music. It also has a level select before you start the game which I find kind of odd, but whatever, it's Wolf 3D and it's free. 😁

http://wolfenstein.bethsoft.com/

DOS Gaming System: MS-DOS, AMD K6-III+ 400/ATZ@600Mhz, ASUS P5A v1.04 Motherboard, 32 MB RAM, 17" CRT monitor, Diamond Stealth 64 3000 4mb PCI, SB16 [CT1770], Roland MT-32 & Roland SC-55, 40GB Hard Drive, 3.5" Floppy Drive.

Reply 1 of 17, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Ugh, it's blocked in Austria (your ip shows you are from a country ... Bla blah) ;(

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 17, by PhaytalError

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dominus wrote:

Ugh, it's blocked in Austria (your ip shows you are from a country ... Bla blah) ;(

Yeah, i'm from the US and I forgot about the Wolf 3D ban. It seems that Wolf 3D is still banned from Austria and Germany and any other country involved in the pro-Nazi era. That sucks.

Dominus, try a proxy server based outside of Austria, that should allow it to work for ya. 😀

DOS Gaming System: MS-DOS, AMD K6-III+ 400/ATZ@600Mhz, ASUS P5A v1.04 Motherboard, 32 MB RAM, 17" CRT monitor, Diamond Stealth 64 3000 4mb PCI, SB16 [CT1770], Roland MT-32 & Roland SC-55, 40GB Hard Drive, 3.5" Floppy Drive.

Reply 3 of 17, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's awesome. I still have my GBA cartridge port of Wolf3d. I had to replace my Doom II floppies though, they died..."MEIN LEBEN!" (not to get too off topic) 😀

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 5 of 17, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Mind you, this browser version plays like lame, at least, compared to the actual game. I want my 70 FPS! :D

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 7 of 17, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dominus wrote:

Aren't you glad your government bans all references to the Nazi's from being accessed in your country? I think it's about time they got over their paranoia of the Nazi's coming back. And to be honest, Nazi's would be preferable to radical Islamists.

Reply 8 of 17, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Aren't you glad your government bans all references to the Nazi's from being accessed in your country?

That's not true but go on believing stupid things.

I think it's about time they got over their paranoia of the Nazi's coming back.

wouldn't you like that, eh?

And to be honest, Nazi's would be preferable to radical Islamists.

neither, but I feel more threatened by Nazis.

Thanks for polluting another fine thread with your uninformed remarks.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 9 of 17, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dominus wrote:
That's not true but go on believing stupid things. […]
Show full quote

Aren't you glad your government bans all references to the Nazi's from being accessed in your country?

That's not true but go on believing stupid things.

I think it's about time they got over their paranoia of the Nazi's coming back.

wouldn't you like that, eh?

neither, but I feel more threatened by Nazis.

Thanks for polluting another fine thread with your uninformed remarks.

OK, then you explain to me why it is banned in Austria, a country that sided with the Nazi's, if not because of paranoia? Your neighbors in Germany do the same thing.

And learn your own laws before you speak. It's called Verbotsgesetz 1947. If I know about it, why don't you?

Reply 10 of 17, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Please inform yourself before you state that all references to nazis are being banned from access. That is just not true.
With your faulty informations, how do you explain this:http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

I'm not going to explain it to you, just wanted to let you know that you are as usually dishing out nonsense...
If you read the english wikipedia article on the verbotzgesetz you might be able to figure out why yourstatement is wrong but that law still applies to Wolfenstein 3d. It's not that hard...

Btw. it's not my law, it's the law of the country I live in. Most parts of the Verbotsgesetz is not even valid these days... Maybe read up on it on wikipedia or so before you mess up even more...

What's up with you anyway? It had seemed to me that after our last clash we had some unspoken truce... Did you get off your troll medicine?

Last edited by Dominus on 2012-07-03, 03:55. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 11 of 17, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:

TROLLS.png

One non-lame thing about the port is that the bullet-hitting-door-ricochet sound is finally played in an official version.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 12 of 17, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sound doesn't seem to work. At least not in Firefox.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 13 of 17, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
PhaytalError wrote:
Dominus wrote:

Yeah, i'm from the US and I forgot about the Wolf 3D ban. It seems that Wolf 3D is still banned from Austria and Germany and any other country involved in the pro-Nazi era. That sucks.

Dominus, try a proxy server based outside of Austria, that should allow it to work for ya. 😀

While that should work, I really don't need to play Wolfenstein again... Played it in Dos days, played it a bit on the iphone... I think I played it enough. I was just curios...

Reply 14 of 17, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Gemini000 wrote:

Mind you, this browser version plays like lame, at least, compared to the actual game. I want my 70 FPS! 😁

One might be able to tweak it for a better framerate. It's all HTML5/Canvas and JavaScript, so the source is there for all to see.

If nothing else, it's an awesome demo of what we can do with HTML5, there's essentially no reason for anyone to use Flash any more.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 15 of 17, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dominus wrote:
PhaytalError wrote:
Dominus wrote:

While that should work, I really don't need to play Wolfenstein again... Played it in Dos days, played it a bit on the iphone... I think I played it enough. I was just curios...

Heresy!
http://www.moddb.com/games/wolfram

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 16 of 17, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Hmm yeah that looks interesting 😉

Reply 17 of 17, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wolfram looks kind of disappointing - each map seems 70% pitch black, need to use a flashlight, lighting is extremely distracting with all the contrast and the super shiny speculars... too bad because modern graphics enhancements could have been used to much better effect. Plus it has achievements.

I'll give it a go though, might change my mind.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]