VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Archy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not talking about Zdemon, Skulltag, Odamex or any of that but the original Doom on DOSBox.

Just know though that It will be really frustrating at first and a lot of trial and error will be involved, but I'll guide you through it. At the end of the day if everything fails, we can always start up Chocolate-Doom, though that's a distant second.

There are two ways we could do this, we could use DOOM's IPXSETUP.EXE utility which can either be used via command lines or through the DM.EXE graphical interface, or we could use APCIDOOM (download here) which is ultra user friendly but seems to malfunction for a lot of people... I'll make a thread about the problems later.

Video of APCIDOOM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unU9ClTIjZY

I prefer we use Hamachi so that way our real IP addresses won't be exposed and we wouldn't have to deal with port forwarding due to NAT, but if you insist on not using Hamachi , I will comply.

Reply 1 of 5, by Archy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Moderators, would you please move this to DOSBox Multiplayer? Sorry for not posting there my self -- I am new here was unaware of the category, and since I saw this post in the Milliways section, I figured this was the appropriate section to post in. Sorry for my mistake.

Reply 2 of 5, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My favourite is Hamachi. I'm interested but my time zone may not be so convenient with you. Where are you located by the way?

My time zone is GMT +0800hrs. I'm NOT free on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. But I can play at midnight (local time) onwards on any day.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 4 of 5, by Archy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm GMT -6 Hours, and I assuming you mean GMT +8 Hours??

Also, aleksej, I'm interested but I don't know how to get my Windows 98 machine connected to the internet. There is no slot for a Cat 5 cable. I'll post an image of my machine's ports later. [PS. Finally someone more purist than I am!] I've gotten TCP/IP connection to work in ykhwong's DOSBox so maybe you could be on real DOS/WIN9x and I could be using DOSBox - but only if that's fine with you.

Also, thanks for reminding me about iFrag, haven't used that forever! Almost forgot about it.

Reply 5 of 5, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Archy wrote:

I'm GMT -6 Hours, and I assuming you mean GMT +8 Hours??

Yeah....I guess we're 14 hours apart...

It'll be like me playing in the past, or you in the future. 😁

(I and my local buddy still play occasionally Duke Nukem 3D DukeMatch using Hamachi.)

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers