Oldbie

I just found this...

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/voodoo-revived/

🤣

Reply 2 of 11, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If NVidia ever rebrands GeForce as Voodoo, I'd shut them up and force them to take my money. 😉

The "NVidia 3dfx Voodoo Necronomicon" card. Now in the following chipsets:
720- "Klatuu"
760- "Verrata"
795 XT with 6GB Ram- "Nikto FTW edition"

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 3 of 11, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

With the advances in miniaturization that have taken place since the time of the V5 you could probably fit several VSA-100 chips on the same silicon that one took up back in 2000 along with modern shaders.

Reply 4 of 11, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

With the advances in miniaturization that have taken place since the time of the V5 you could probably fit several VSA-100 chips on the same silicon that one took up back in 2000 along with modern shaders.

What I would like to see is a redesigned V3 or V5 with the vram sharing the same silicon as the die on the same bga package. On top of that besides higher clocks I would at least like it to have dx 9c and sm3 support ontop of everything else but what the 2D core to be as it is. A neat but small epic little ship in pci form would be great for vintage rigs.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 5 of 11, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Argh, an April Fool's article. 😵

I'd really like to see a Voodoo remake, with increase boost in performance, perfect backward compatibility with GLide games, and capability to do FSAA for all GLide games.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 7 of 11, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jmrydholm wrote:
If NVidia ever rebrands GeForce as Voodoo, I'd shut them up and force them to take my money. ;) […]
Show full quote

If NVidia ever rebrands GeForce as Voodoo, I'd shut them up and force them to take my money. 😉

The "NVidia 3dfx Voodoo Necronomicon" card. Now in the following chipsets:
720- "Klatuu"
760- "Verrata"
795 XT with 6GB Ram- "Nikto FTW edition"

"Nikto" means "no one" in Russian

Reply 8 of 11, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Had Army of Darkness going through my head. 😎
Or the original "klatuu barada niktu" from Day the Earth Stood Still

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 9 of 11, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It'd be cool to see the brand come back but as it's NVIDIA owned and everything is standardised now it'd just be another generic card. It'd be nice if their enthusiast cards took on the branding though.

Reply 10 of 11, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Why? It's just a name. I much prefer GeForce to be honest...
That article was great, gotta love how it says they used the cooling system from the FX 5800 xD
Is Gary Tarolli still working on Nvidia's latest chips?