VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm looking for steering wheel small enough to fit into my laptop backpack. I found this one controller:

Nintendo 64 Ultra Racer Controller.

Which should fit my purpose.

Too bad the Ultra Racer PC version is very hard to find, so I guess I have to stick with the Nintendo 64 version, which is quite abundant on ebay.

However, it's an N64 controller, so I have to use Nintendo 64 to USB converter.

Anyone experienced using Nintendo 64 controller on PC? Will it be less accurate? What kind of quirks should I expect?

Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on 2012-07-25, 04:38. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 8, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Why is my URL tag above broken?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2 of 8, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Why is my URL tag above broken?

Because there's a line break between the opening tag and closing tag.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 3 of 8, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Fixed, thanks.

So, back to the topic, will using such converter reduce the accuracy of the controller? Also, any quirks should I expect?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 4 of 8, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think that it should work after all aren't the controllers on the N64 early usb ports? Might be just 1.0 or 1.1 but unsure.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 6 of 8, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

N64 predated the USB standard.

Yep.

nforce4max wrote:

I think that it should work after all aren't the controllers on the N64 early usb ports? Might be just 1.0 or 1.1 but unsure.

I don't think so. That's why I have to use N64 to USB converter.

But this is the first time I'm using converter (any converter). What kind of problem should I expect?

Reply 7 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I have used the adaptoid usb converter for a long time and haven't experienced bad behavior with my n64 controller under Windows xp and OS X. I only ran Windows 7 for a short time before switching to OS X and have no memory of having used the controller on that.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 8 of 8, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dominus wrote:

I have used the adaptoid usb converter for a long time and haven't experienced bad behavior with my n64 controller under Windows xp and OS X. I only ran Windows 7 for a short time before switching to OS X and have no memory of having used the controller on that.

I see, thanks!