VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

does someone here have these versions of ultimate race and want to share them with me and the rest of the forum? I recently bought 3 powervr cards and I'd love to test em with some of this stuff 😀 greetings

Reply 2 of 9, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

uh, but isn't ultimate race already abandonware? I admit I pay for the games I play that are worth it, but I don't know of other way I could have/buy this one since it was only released on pcx1 - 2 game bundles. Thanks

Reply 3 of 9, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
subhuman@xgtx wrote:

uh, but isn't ultimate race already abandonware? I admit I pay for the games I play that are worth it, but I don't know of other way I could have/buy this one since it was only released on pcx1 - 2 game bundles. Thanks

Abandonware is illegal. Everything is still under copyright protection UNLESS the owner of the copyright specifically places it in the public domain.

Also, your license to play a game goes wherever the original copy of the game goes. If you don't have a legal copy in your possession, then you don't have a license to play. It does not matter if you paid for it in the past. No original copy, no play.

Reply 4 of 9, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ok thanks, didn't thought of it that way. Was the 1-track ultim@te race version a demo or it counts as a full version of the game?

Reply 6 of 9, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:
subhuman@xgtx wrote:

Abandonware is illegal. Everything is still under copyright protection UNLESS the owner of the copyright specifically places it in the public domain.

Or he/she dies and has no heirs

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 7 of 9, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry to intrude on this sensitive subject, but how do you view the situation with drivers and the ususal software that come with a sound card or a graphic card (like a control or diagnosis utility)?

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics