VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 23, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

DNF has been confirmed modified Unreal 2.x engine on more than one occasion since it came out. That list in incorrect. But it is HEAVILY modified. Apparently they completely rewrote the rendering engine. Only a small amount of it is still recognizable as Unreal. The scripts or something. Everything else was changed or altered in some way.

Reply 21 of 23, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MusicallyInspired wrote:

DNF has been confirmed modified Unreal 2.x engine on more than one occasion since it came out. That list in incorrect. But it is HEAVILY modified. Apparently they completely rewrote the rendering engine. Only a small amount of it is still recognizable as Unreal. The scripts or something. Everything else was changed or altered in some way.

I think you missed the place in his list where leileilol stated: "Duke Nukem Forever - 2001" and in the original post stated "this list includes unreleased games" (specifically Duke Nukem Forever, Heavy Guns 2, Jazz Jackrabbit 3D) - leileilol is _specifically_ referring to the unreleased Unreal Engine 1.x alpha/beta build from 2001 - not the final release version.

That said, I still think the entry is inaccurate, there were probably other renderers for DNF at the time. We will likely never know for sure.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 22 of 23, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dr. Brain: Action Reaction
D3DDRV.DLL
GLIDEDRV.DLL
METALDRV.DLL
OGLDRV.DLL
OpenGLDrv.dll
SGLDRV.dll
SOFTDRV.DLL

All 6 renderers plus another opengl dll.
The trouble is - there isn't "Advanced options" button in the game. So maybe the game isn't supporting anything except software and 3dfx.

P.S. Well, there is an info about video renderer changing in the game help file. Tab for the console and preferences command.
All 6 renderers can be selected. D3d is faulty, as claimed in the same help file.