VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As a child, I was a big fan of prehistoric world, including dinosaurs, reptiles, invertebrates, even prehistoric human forms. They even used to call me "the dinosaur guy" at school 😁

A lot of time passed, I got different hobbies and different things to do, but recently I watched BBC's "Walking with..." series and I really enjoyed it! It took two days to watch it all, then I repeated the most interesting parts, looked up a couple of words in the dictionary (I don't do this unless the matter matters much!) and it felt really good. 😳

Are there other "dinosaur guys" on this forum? What do you recommend to see? I don't know any other titles, it's been mostly books from the library in my childhood, since we didn't have a TV until 1997 😜 And even after that, apart from BBC series, there was not much to watch, you know what I mean

Reply 1 of 8, by fantasma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Some time ago I was fascinated by man in it's primitive state, and I came across a really good film: "Quest for Fire". It's rather old, from 1982, and I think it's the only film that tried to depict "cavemen" in a realistic way. I thought it was fantastic, I wish there were more like it! If you didn't know about it, you should see it.

Reply 4 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I like watching documentaries on prehistoric life and prehistoric geography but I'm not well versed on them. Just like to watch them.

I also get attracted to cartoons and games based on prehistory.

When it comes mixing Prehistoric life and Vogons, here are some of my favourites :

Prehistorik by Titus

7986029374_8dd9b7eff9_z.jpg

Dino Wars - A Educational (child)Game

7986030877_cb8e1d3470_o.png 7986030929_6b574a8569_o.png

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 7 of 8, by TELVM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Have fun:

The Ballad of Big Al (great "Walking with" special)

Chased by Dinosaurs

Prehistoric Park

Bit more hardcore:

Jack Horner: Shape-shifting dinosaurs

I also recommend 'Quest for Fire' by Annaud, superb movie.

Quest_for_Fire_%28movie_poster%29.jpg

Reply 8 of 8, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ChuckRock 1 and 2 I was also a dinosaur fan, when I was a child (way before Jurassic Park ) heck I even had Danish dinosaur books, where some of them were VERY old , such as the Danish version of "the little Brehm", and I also had the "Big Brehm". And quite a few other books that was around dinosaurs, and prehistory in Danish . So I hope that you will enjoy those games I mentioned 😀