VOGONS

First post, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I started up this project because this is something that hasn't been done before. The goal of it is to collect as many game soundtracks from as many platforms (Lemmings as an example, we have it's complete soundtrack from 17 different ports), from the common IBM-PC, to the more exotic X68000, from common consoles like SNES to 3DO or PC-Engine.

You can see all the available soundtracks here:

http://vengefulchip.tk

Also I'm looking for some help, if you have a bit of time, please review this page, I'll be eternally grateful ^^

The most important things I would be looking at the moment is an Hoot expert or someone knowledgeable in it's drivers.
Another thing what I miss is proper hosting (to be able to offer direct download to the soundtracks, so anyone who could spare a VPS, or donate for me to buy one, would be great ^^;

Also I have made a reddit community and a twitter account, so feel free to subscribe/follow those 😀

YouTube Channel is here.

Notice: If you intend to use these recordings anywhere, please make sure to credit the original composers, and credit me or the site.

Last edited by marooned_on_mars on 2015-02-14, 18:18. Edited 8 times in total.

Reply 1 of 56, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

marooned_on_mars: Hey I hope it is okay, that I share your link some where else ? 😀 since sharing is caring 😀

Reply 2 of 56, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Be my guest, I'll be honoured if you would ^^
Just make sure you include the site's credits =)

All who wish to spread the work or the soundtracks are welcome to do so =D

Reply 3 of 56, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
marooned_on_mars wrote:

Be my guest, I'll be honoured if you would ^^
Just make sure you include the site's credits =)

All who wish to spread the work or the soundtracks are welcome to do so =D

I hope the post is okay. Cause if you want me to add more info in the post, I will gladly do it 😀

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthre … 5951#post625951

Reply 4 of 56, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's wonderful, thanks for taking your time posting that ^^

Please also specify we do multiple platform recordings of the games, just so people would know =D

Reply 5 of 56, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
marooned_on_mars wrote:

That's wonderful, thanks for taking your time posting that ^^

Please also specify we do multiple platform recordings of the games, just so people would know =D

Duly noted 😀 And added 😀

Reply 6 of 56, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Awesomesauce! Thank you ^^

Reply 7 of 56, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

you're going to need more than a .tk if you want to show dedication to a huge project.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 8 of 56, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As I said, I'm collecting donations for hosting/domain. Right now I can't do much about it other than to continuously post soundtracks on the site and keep as many back-ups as possible, as I can't afford to buy these things. Doesn't make me less devoted to the project though

Reply 9 of 56, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Added new content and now you can make requests.

Reply 10 of 56, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

marooned_on_mars: May I come with the suggestion, that you also make a flac recording of the Amiga version of Cannon Fodder ?

Reply 11 of 56, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was going to do that, but I'm having a bit of trouble with Amiga emulation, if I'll be able fix it and post the soundtrack, I'll let you know through a PM =)

Reply 12 of 56, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah! nice one!

I'm listening now to 3 versions of Cycles, the amiga version and the two PC versions (and the pc speaker one is the one that brings me back to the begining of the nineties 😀 ) keep it going. please.

Reply 13 of 56, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nice project, i love recording game stuff, and only use flac. Ill keep an eye on your project. Im mostly doing Comparative stuff but if i do some full soundtrack ill try to think about sending it to you.

FM sound card comparison on a Grand Scale!!
The Grand OPL3 Comparison Run.

Reply 14 of 56, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Filosofia wrote:

Yeah! nice one!

I'm listening now to 3 versions of Cycles, the amiga version and the two PC versions (and the pc speaker one is the one that brings me back to the begining of the nineties 😀 ) keep it going. please.

Will do, will do =D

MaxWar wrote:

Nice project, i love recording game stuff, and only use flac. Ill keep an eye on your project. Im mostly doing Comparative stuff but if i do some full soundtrack ill try to think about sending it to you.

It doesn't have to be complete, you can send it anything you want/have =D

Reply 15 of 56, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Most of my recordings so far are for the Grand Opl3 comparison run, you can find them in the Grand Opl3 comparison run thread on this forum, not sure its adequate for you purpose :p

I also have like recordings of the same song but with 4 different Famicom models,

Or the same song on the Same famicom with different Capacitor on the sound output,

Or the same genesis songs before and after a full system Recap :p

At some point im going to do some full soundtrack records, when i am confident i have the best possible hardware. I only record genuine hardware.

Im also going to get the Crystal clear audio Genesis mod done at some point so I will probably be doing some full game records with it.

FM sound card comparison on a Grand Scale!!
The Grand OPL3 Comparison Run.

Reply 16 of 56, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well that doesn't serve the purpose of the project indeed, but would be fun to add as extras to the games you made the comparisons for ^^

That sounds awesome, you can drop me a message in the site's contact form when you feel ready to record. I would be immensely grateful to you.

Reply 17 of 56, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Finally added the Leisure Suit Larry soundtrack collection. Took me ages to finish it, juggling with other stuff I have to do. It includes all the games in the series (except LSL7, which has digital audio only) and has the soundtracks from all the IBM-PC sound modules they supported and a few extra systems for LSL1EGA. ^^

Reply 18 of 56, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Great work! Currently downloading Cannon Fodder, I want to compare between systems.
Great work on LSL but you're missing LSL4 😜

Reply 19 of 56, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
F2bnp wrote:

Great work! Currently downloading Cannon Fodder, I want to compare between systems.
Great work on LSL but you're missing LSL4 😜

Oh that reminds me I still have to fix the Amiga port of that game.
Hahaha, good one. I think the recordings were lost along the way on some pendrives 😁
Thanks for your compliments =)