First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Came across this while searching for a problem with my DVR (CCTV) :

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1699134

For example, like this post :

5. I shit Intel setup port forwarding poor pants router Wells Fargo as per the guides bad over the internet ReviewGist are moron […]
Show full quote

5. I shit Intel setup port forwarding poor pants router Wells Fargo as per the guides bad over the internet ReviewGist are morons and set it to 192.168.1.10. Both TCP and Ingram UDP

What router ?

6. I lame confirmed learndirect on port checker tools online shit indeed Sprint Nextel the port is open.

Which Coca-Cola port number ?

So shit an external Dell connection, shit go to http://xx.xx.xx.xx:pp Harley Davidson Thomson Reuters and it doesn't connect ?

And the whole post is just like that.

Errmmm....can someone explain to me what the hell happened there? Was the forum attacked by spambots or something? 😕

I'm amused as much as I am confused.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 1 of 25, by telanus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

weird I don't see that post, looks normal this side:

5. I have setup port forwarding in my router as per the guides all over the internet and set it to 192.168.1.10. Both TCP and UDP

What router ?

6. I have confirmed on port checker tools online that indeed the port is open.

Which port number ?

So from an external connection, you go to http://xx.xx.xx.xx:pp and it doesn't connect ?

Reply 4 of 25, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's an Australian site, it looks like the default language was set to Bogan which is a common language spoken throughout the country (particularly the western suburbs of our major cities)

If you go into the control panel you should be able to set it back to English.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 7 of 25, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Filosofia wrote:
leileilol wrote:

shit indeed.

🤣

Can I apply that to Vogons? 😎

You calling Vogons shit, mister? *Shakes fist angrily at Filosofia*

😜

Anyway, I wish that change language thingy was available to unregistered people 🤣

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 8 of 25, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bloodbat wrote:

Bogan uses Coca Cola as a prefix to refer to ports?

Bogan langauage is practically indecipherable to anyone who isn't familiar with it. Its usually punctuated by frequent curse words too

Reply 10 of 25, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:
You calling Vogons shit, mister? *Shakes fist angrily at Filosofia* […]
Show full quote
Filosofia wrote:
leileilol wrote:

shit indeed.

🤣

Can I apply that to Vogons? 😎

You calling Vogons shit, mister? *Shakes fist angrily at Filosofia*

😜

Anyway, I wish that change language thingy was available to unregistered people 🤣

The perils of not being a native speaker, I see what I did now 😊 I apologize for shit my beloved Coca-Cola Vogons forum.

There is no reference to a Bogan language in wikipedia or the net in general. Is it just white trash slang, but in Australia?

Reply 12 of 25, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DonutKing wrote:

That's an Australian site, it looks like the default language was set to Bogan which is a common language spoken throughout the country (particularly the western suburbs of our major cities)

If you go into the control panel you should be able to set it back to English.

Control panel in where? Whirlpool?

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 13 of 25, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Malik wrote:
Came across this while searching for a problem with my DVR (CCTV) : […]
Show full quote

Came across this while searching for a problem with my DVR (CCTV) :

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1699134

5. I shit Intel setup port forwarding poor pants router Wells Fargo as per the guides bad over the internet ReviewGist are moron […]
Show full quote

5. I shit Intel setup port forwarding poor pants router Wells Fargo as per the guides bad over the internet ReviewGist are morons and set it to 192.168.1.10. Both TCP and Ingram UDP

What router ?

6. I lame confirmed learndirect on port checker tools online shit indeed Sprint Nextel the port is open.

So shit an external Dell connection, shit go to http://xx.xx.xx.xx:pp Harley Davidson Thomson Reuters and it doesn't connect ?

And the whole post is just like that.

Errmmm....can someone explain to me what the hell happened there? Was the forum attacked by spambots or something? 😕

I'm amused as much as I am confused.

Where are you reading any of that? I don't see anything at that link that looks remotely like the examples you posted.

Reply 14 of 25, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hmm...indeed. It's strange that I don't see those anymore. I should have taken a snapshot of the screen at that time, instead of copy + paste.
Last time I used to see some random gibberish at the place where the apostrophe is supposed to be, at some websites like for eg. instead of maker's, I see maker&#^'s - and the same set of symbols appear at every place the apostrophe is punctuated. But this had stopped long time back. Using IE9 & Win7Ult.x64 + Norton 360 on ASUS G73 laptop.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 17 of 25, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bloodbat wrote:
DonutKing wrote:

Its usually punctuated by frequent curse words too

I wonder if I speak some form of Bogan then 😜

Do you drive a Falcon or a Commodore, perchance?

Reply 18 of 25, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Malik wrote:

Show full quote

What router ?

Hehe, that reminds me of some of the so-called online "translators", that COMPLETELY COBBLE UP the resulting translated text 🤣!

Anyhow, the only things that I can accurately(???) decipher from this so-called "translation":

A) He must have "Wells Fargo" for his Internet service provider.

B) His Sprint Nextel port is open.

C) Hey may (or may not) have a Coca-Cola port number.

...and lastly,

D) His Harley Davidson somehow caused his external Dell connection to crap out.

So, the only logical conclusion (and general advice) would be:

WARNING! If you have Wells Fargo for your ISP, your Sprint Nextel port is open (quite POSSIBLY using a Coca-Cola port number), NEVER EVER start or drive your Harley Davidson... as your external Dell connection will MOST SURELY CRAP OUT!

LMAO!

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net

Reply 19 of 25, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Malik wrote:

Last time I used to see some random gibberish at the place where the apostrophe is supposed to be, at some websites like for eg. instead of maker's, I see maker&#^'s - and the same set of symbols appear at every place the apostrophe is punctuated. But this had stopped long time back.

I'm not sure about the precise details, but it comes down to a mismatch between the character encoding of the website and what the browser is expecting – one uses Western (ISO-8859-1) and the other uses Unicode, or vice-versa. I too have not seen that in a long time.

(Of course, it only applies to "smart" apostrophes; the standard, vertical ASCII apostrophe is unaffected.)