VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK, something strange has happened to me.

I bought a copy of Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri off of eBay for about $3 before shipping. I got it yesterday and started making sure it was in good shape today, when I noticed an emblem on the cover that said: "Exclusive Edition"

The CD filesystem label is "OEMTN" and it turns out this copy of the game only has 8 missions! (The full game has 39.)

Needless to say, this doesn't help me for future ADG review purposes, but when I tried to look up more information about this version of the game, I came up with a huge blank, as though it doesn't even exist. (Not even MobyGames or Wikipedia has any info.)

Judging by the label name on the filesystem, this was clearly an OEM version of the game sold with new computers or video cards, but still, the lack of any info about it online makes me wonder if it's actually very rare and thus worth a lot more than the $3 I paid? (Not counting shipping, which I paid more than $3 for.)

Anyone have any thoughts or information to help me out here? I'm trying to decide whether to hold it against the seller or not for not mentioning that this version of the game is not the full game.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 1 of 5, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm pretty sad that they cancelled Terra Nova, it was a good show.

But you're talking about a game... no idea sorry. 😜

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 2 of 5, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's rare, probably not worth a whole bunch. It is neat and should be preserved imo. I wouldn't hold it against the seller, they probably didn't know. Just get another copy, they are pretty inexpensive, I always ask the seller for pics of the disc if they don't provide one so I can check it against mobygames or my own other copies.

Reply 3 of 5, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

*nods* I've already got another copy on the way. This next one's almost certainly the full game since the seller mentions that he's tested the CD and that it contains the game manual on-disc as well as the scenario builder, plus the cover on the jewel case in the photo is clearly from the box art of the game, as opposed to this "Exclusive Edition" which just has the logo on a black background.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 5 of 5, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I used to play the hell outta Terra Nova... GREAT GAME! 😀

Anyhow, I've never heard of that version before... Like you said, it must have been a bundled edition with a new PC.

The TN demo is (IIRC) 3 missions, so it's definitely not the demo version.

BTW, for anyone who still plays this game, my TN stuff and crapola -> http://jasonwilliams400com.startlogic.com/sno … eds/Terra_Nova/ 😀

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net