Common searches

What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 181 of 6014, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Just started playing Z. I'm not much into RTS games, but this one is different. It's quirky, funny, and (at times) very unpredictable. The robots are what make this game interesting for me; while they behave most of the time, their unexpected antics and speech can either make me grin widely or just hit my head against my desk over and over 😅 :

FeZJhfOm.png dfqvRWGm.png 8IXoz75m.png

A78ISVtm.png PYUDv4am.png hgV24bKm.png

And now (to borrow a well-known battle cry from an old comic book character), "It's Clobbering Time!" 😁

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 182 of 6014, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've been playing GTA: Vice City for what seems like forever. It's a long game and I don't get much time to play, so I only just opened up the option to buy property! I like a lot about it - I'm in a bit of an 80's mood at the moment anyway so an open, pastel coloured world is just where I feel like visiting. I love the randomness and the ridiculousness which makes me 🤣 regularly.

It get's brutally hard at points but I suspect I'm just not very good, so I've had the odd rage quit at what I take to be unfair quests. If I've had to drive for 5 mins to get to the starting point and then the stupid NPC I'm trying to protect runs under a bus... grrr. Great fun for the most part though.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 183 of 6014, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmojo wrote:

I've been playing GTA: Vice City for what seems like forever. It's a long game and I don't get much time to play, so I only just opened up the option to buy property! I like a lot about it - I'm in a bit of an 80's mood at the moment anyway so an open, pastel coloured world is just where I feel like visiting. I love the randomness and the ridiculousness which makes me 🤣 regularly.

It get's brutally hard at points but I suspect I'm just not very good, so I've had the odd rage quit at what I take to be unfair quests. If I've had to drive for 5 mins to get to the starting point and then the stupid NPC I'm trying to protect runs under a bus... grrr. Great fun for the most part though.

Lol..I know what you mean...I played GTA Vice City with a friend for a couple months off and on and he was really good at it since he had experience having finished GTA San Andreas...but compared to him, I sucked...it was a really tough game and I just gave in and decided to use cheats....I find that it just takes too long to finish, so Iwhen I play GTA games, I do more fooling around (with cheats) than actually playing..🤣.

If you're into pastel colored worlds, maybe you'll like the original...🤣...just picked this up and about to try it out....looks absolutely primitive compared to GTA of course, but Miami Vice is cool no matter what IMO..🤣.

20140603_000749_resized.jpg
Filename
20140603_000749_resized.jpg
File size
432.05 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
20140603_000732_resized.jpg
Filename
20140603_000732_resized.jpg
File size
289.98 KiB
Views
File license

Lately I have been playing Galactic Battlegrounds....I forgot how addictive this game was....had to step away for a while becuase I played a little too long the other night 🤣

20140603_000535_resized.jpg
Filename
20140603_000535_resized.jpg
File size
205.9 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 184 of 6014, by Holering

User metadata

Too many to list really...

Currently playing Resident Evil 1. Got stuck with Chris at huge plant (he can't make vjolt), and got Red tiger eye with Jill (when you deal with hunters in mansion). Why this never got ported to N64, Dreamcast, or even current consoles is beyond me; blows away the psx.

Almosst done upgrading Final Fantasy VII characters to level 99. Only three left and I need a couple final limit breakers to find.

Also at map 16 on Eternal Doom (ultra violence). And yes, I'm using Rich Weed's fantastic soundfont with the game.
The best Doom sequel.

Using a fantastic USB green Hyperkin Pixel Art gamepad (it's a snes button layout with a chunky nes design). Will try to play some new games after I can manage to save some money for a new gpu (also have Xbox 360 Hori gamepad for that). Hope to use it as VGA passthrough via qemu so I can stay in Linux maybe.

Reply 185 of 6014, by LunarG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Doing a playthrough of Under a Killing Moon. Going to go through The Pandora Directive and Tex Murphy: Overseer after that I think.

WinXP : PIII 1.4GHz, 512MB RAM, 73GB SCSI HDD, Matrox Parhelia, SB Audigy 2.
Win98se : K6-3+ 500MHz, 256MB RAM, 80GB HDD, Matrox Millennium G400 MAX, Voodoo 2, SW1000XG.
DOS6.22 : Intel DX4, 64MB RAM, 1.6GB HDD, Diamond Stealth64 DRAM, GUS 1MB, SB16.

Reply 186 of 6014, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
retrofanatic wrote:

If you're into pastel colored worlds, maybe you'll like the original...🤣...just picked this up and about to try it out....looks absolutely primitive compared to GTA of course, but Miami Vice is cool no matter what IMO..🤣.

Love the box art, let us know how it plays!

Reply 187 of 6014, by Liqu1d82

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

688: Attack Sub & Rise of the Triad!

10296889_704146522960092_1498196961_n.jpg

10401791_241769982683518_1628719008_n.jpg

sig.gif
Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.
http://liqu1d82.tumblr.com [My Tumblr] // https://twitter.com/Liqu1d82 [My Twitter]

Reply 188 of 6014, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just started Path of Exile. It's so close to Diablo ii I'm amazed they get away with it!

Also had a brief go with Deimos Rising which is the followup to Mars Rising which Ioved on my old Mac; I suppose these are like Tyrian or Zone66 but with more modern graphics.

And finally I got round to playing a bit of Uplink, which reminds me of playing Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation.

Reply 189 of 6014, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Currently playing (though not as frequent as I should): http://fvfonline.com/

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 190 of 6014, by SpooferJahk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have actually be replaying the first two Halo games on the PC, I wanted to give them a fair shake again after leaving my old school FPS elitism behind me and trying to not hate on them because they are too modern. I actually rather enjoyed them now, especially since the Heroic difficulty makes them properly challenging and fun.

Reply 192 of 6014, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PeterLI wrote:

SimCity (original) and Dune II on my 80286 currently. And Age of Empires II HD The Forgotten Empires as well on my i7. 😊

I’ve been playing Dune II too, which I’ve been meaning to do for a while. Great use of the OPL3 by Westwood but I was increasingly frustrated by the crap AI and inability to select more than 1 unit at a time, so I’ve moved on to C&C, which I’m finding much more enjoyable. My friends and I were all over C&C when it came out, particularly the option to play each other over null modem. It’s a really well produced game but I suspect that I’m not much of a strategist - I’ve never finished it, despite the countless hours I’ve invested fighting NOD over the years.

Reply 193 of 6014, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Lighthouse. God I have a new-found respect for the patience and puzzle solving skills *I used to have* back in the days before I even knew what a walk-through was. Great adventure game and enjoying every [tough] moment of it once again...

Reply 194 of 6014, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Finished The Ultimate Doom maps on Brutal Doom and now playing through Brutal Doom II. It's really well done and perhaps even the way Doom was always meant to be, had technology allowed. I do however agree with John Romero's comment that if they had released Brutal Doom originally, it would have destroyed the games industry 🤣

Also finished The Last Crusade on my 486. Played this one several times over the years and still think it's great - not too hard, multiple ways to do things and some great source material. This time round I gave up the Grail Diary to go to Berlin, got my travel pass signed by Hitler and sailed past all the roadblocks. Also stole the biplane at the airport to bypass the whole Zeppelin section 😎

IMb61s4l.jpg?1
kXAVL37l.jpg
G6hiiqwl.jpg

Reply 198 of 6014, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PeterLI wrote:

Command & Conquer.

I'm still playing this too and wow I'm really digging on it, it's first game I've played in a long time that totally absorbs my attention - I snap out of my trance to find that an hour has passed and I have hungry children gathering around me saying "where's my dinner daddy?"

The sound track rocks and the pacing is just right. The computer cheats a little bit but only enough to create tension, and not piss the player off (or this player anyway). I'm actually going quite well so far though not considering myself very good at these games - I did read the manual this time though, something I didn't have time for as a kid!

Reply 199 of 6014, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been getting into a lot of click to adventures lately, mainly because I've found a ton at goodwill. 🤣

I've been juggling playing Starship Titanic, The Dig and Beyond Atlantis when it comes to adventure games.

However I've also been playing a lot of "Close Combat 2 : A Bridge Too Far" also now that I finally have a copy of it after years of playing the demo. 😜
I never could get enough of that game as a kid and I still can't, it's just too cool! 🤣

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!