VOGONS

Common searches

Just an important heads up

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 243 of 325, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
robertmo wrote:

It looks thread titles got limited to 60 characters again

Partily, the part that cut the titles of when adding it to the database was still there, but the input boxes were limited.

It is fixed now (again)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 245 of 325, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Feature request: automatic embed thumbnail or shrink-to-fit image when image file(s) are attached?
Ex: Twoquickcapri's 386sx16 Build - Turbo Button Included

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 246 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stiletto wrote:

Feature request: automatic embed thumbnail or shrink-to-fit image when image file(s) are attached?

The old version used to embed the images in the post when they were attached. Would definitely be nice to get this feature again.

Reply 247 of 325, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ agreed
I also have a feature request: make the "View new posts" link available in every page of the forum, maybe next to the "View your posts" link? It would be handy to check for new posts without having to browse to the main index

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 248 of 325, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
HunterZ wrote:
Stiletto wrote:

The old version used to embed the images in the post when they were attached. Would definitely be nice to get this feature again.

Ah, good, so I'm NOT hallucinating that. 😉

Stiletto

Reply 249 of 325, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Re: Auto-mark unread messages as read:

I, for one, preferred the previous auto-mark unread messages as read when I make a come-back after a while.

Most of the time, I immediately read the new messages that interest me and ignore the rest. So, when I come back later, those ignored messages will be marked as read/old previously, automatically.
Then I can easily spot the latest new messages since I last left.

Now, I need to click the Mark Forums Read link to clear out those topics that I won't be reading.

Maybe I'm the only one not very comfortable with it.

I wonder if a user option can be created for this?

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 250 of 325, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
HunterZ wrote:
Stiletto wrote:

phpBB3 allows this by default. Probably a setting in the ACP.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 252 of 325, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Since this has become a request thread:
recently split a thread, gave split a new name, but each selected post to become part of the new topic kept their old post titles. Annoying.

Stiletto

Reply 253 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stiletto wrote:

Since this has become a request thread:
recently split a thread, gave split a new name, but each selected post to become part of the new topic kept their old post titles. Annoying.

I'm pretty sure the old forum worked that way too, although I could be mistaken since I was usually lazy and used "split from post" instead of "split selected posts"

Reply 255 of 325, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

He he, spam that got deleted before you checked. I had about ten of those messages tonight and knew right away it must have been spam - there are never that many replies to old threads in a night 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 257 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dominus wrote:

He he, spam that got deleted before you checked. I had about ten of those messages tonight and knew right away it must have been spam - there are never that many replies to old threads in a night 😉

Figured as much when I got like 10 reply notices.

Reply 258 of 325, by sunaiac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry if that has already been asked, but could links default to new tab ?
Right now i keep on clicking a link, reading the stuff, closing the tab, cursing, reopening the tab and going back to vogons.
I'd like to avoid step 4, 5 and 6 😀

R9 3900X/X470 Taichi/32GB 3600CL15/5700XT AE/Marantz PM7005
i7 980X/R9 290X/X-Fi titanium | FX-57/X1950XTX/Audigy 2ZS
Athlon 1000T Slot A/GeForce 3/AWE64G | K5 PR 200/ET6000/AWE32
Ppro 200 1M/Voodoo 3 2000/AWE 32 | iDX4 100/S3 864 VLB/SB16

Reply 259 of 325, by Stull

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sunaiac wrote:

Sorry if that has already been asked, but could links default to new tab ?
Right now i keep on clicking a link, reading the stuff, closing the tab, cursing, reopening the tab and going back to vogons.
I'd like to avoid step 4, 5 and 6 😀

What browser? In Firefox, hold Ctrl when you click a link, or click it with your middle mouse button to open it in a new tab.