VOGONS

Common searches

How do you include or post pictures on Vogons?...

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I read the faq but i'm not familiar with the terms or the syntax. I'd like to start uploading and/or adding pictures to my posts..

And what's a reasonable file/image size so the image doesn't sprawl across the screen?

Reply 4 of 13, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I personally just upload to Dropbox (which I have connected as a folder on my computer) and then use "public link" which I put into

Last edited by vetz on 2013-06-23, 22:14. Edited 1 time in total.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 7 of 13, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you want to display the images directly on your current post, you have to use the [img]...[/img] format.

You can also attach the image file but the attached image will appear at the bottom of your post, which won't be very neat to look at. You can also attach the image and use the [img]...[/img] code of the attached image again to show up the image directly on your post again.

For tidiness sake, you can upload to any of the free image hosting sites and link the picture directly from there on your post. It will appear tidy and you can recall the same image in other posts. The process is longer than directly attaching the image from your hard drive but it's your call.

I'm using flickr account. Previously I was using the free account, then I registered for the pro version.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 8 of 13, by bytesaber

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm rather confused myself. I've made the same post about 10 times now, and every time I attempt it, the image is only attached and says "not yet download". I don't want to post to an external location. I want it maintained and hosted at vogons. I hate when I browse other forums, and images are broken links.

Is there a limit, for locally attached photos, on file size and resolution, for the image to appear "inline" with the posting?

Reply 9 of 13, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
bytesaber wrote:

I'm rather confused myself. I've made the same post about 10 times now, and every time I attempt it, the image is only attached and says "not yet download". I don't want to post to an external location. I want it maintained and hosted at vogons. I hate when I browse other forums, and images are broken links.

Is there a limit, for locally attached photos, on file size and resolution, for the image to appear "inline" with the posting?

There used to be a forum plugin that automatically embedded attached images, I don't think it was reinstalled. What you're doing used to work, it's up to the forum admin to get it working again. Nag Qbix etc.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 11 of 13, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
bytesaber wrote:

Hey that makes sense then. No worries, I'll just go back to using external links then.

No problem. I just wanted you to know you weren't doing anything wrong. My guess is auto-embed will return with the next round of updates, whenever that is. *fingers crossed*

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 13 of 13, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
tincup wrote:

I'll give imgur.com a shot - even though there was a "fatal error" on my first try. ALWAYS having to learn a new trick... nothing is easy..

I use that!

But click on the "large thumbnail" and then copy the link for "direct link"

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel