VOGONS

Common searches

Blackthorne versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackthorne
wiki says there are more levels on sega 32x version

http://www.mobygames.com/game/blackthorne/screenshots
mac has higher resolution, while sega 32x has nicer backgrounds

what is the difference between pc floppy and cd versions?
www.gamewinners.com/Cheats/index.php/BlackThorne_(PC)
I see there are more codes for floppy version than cd version. does that mean floppy has more levels or just cd is harder to play cause of rarer codes?

Reply 3 of 9, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Always hated the 90's bad CGI look on the 32X and Macintosh versions. The extra levels for the 32X might be cool, but since Blizzard didn't create them they might be out of line with the rest of the game.
As for the CD-ROM version, it may have containted Redbook Audio tracks, although it most probably is just the same game on a plain CD-ROM. Hardcore Gaming 101 is rarely wrong, they usually do their research.

Reply 7 of 9, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have to say Sega32x version is way better - doesn't have that disgusting menu, and the enhanced background doesn't make the game so depressing. The first and last scenery is still depressing but the first one is at least slightly less disgusting.
And snowy mountains are very good.
The minus points for sega are missing scenery animations and ugly waterfalls.

Reply 9 of 9, by Dimitris1980

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I found a PC CD version of the game which seems that the CD is filled especially with demos of other games but I couldn't run it yet.

So, does the PC CD version has audio music? However the floppy version is fantastic with Roland Sound Canvas.

Macintosh version has a sympathetic midi music if you don't put the CD in the drive. If you put it then the fantastic audio music replaces the midi music.

- Macintosh LC475, Powerbook 540c, Macintosh Performa 6116CD, Power Macintosh G3 Minitower (x2), Imac G3, Powermac G4 MDD, Powermac G5, Imac Mid 2007
- Cyrix 120
- Amiga 500, Amiga 1200
- Atari 1040 STF
- Roland MT32, CM64, CM500, SC55, SC88, Yamaha MU50