VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hiya!
Did you guys knew about Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny 2013 remake?

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSLatNypjDg

2je1b8w.jpg

2rz5ssj.jpg

aua8md.jpg

2wbw6jq.jpg

b93bn.jpg

mjb7me.jpg

Seems like it's a 1:1 remake of the original, it's currently listed on Steam for 16eur (-20% pre-purchase , normaly it's 20eur) and it's getting released in 2 days 😊
Looks very nice , already grabbed it and play the waiting game now...

I did some research btw on getting a retail copy but it seems that one will only exist in Germany and it will be in.... German language only 🤣
Apparently the online version is German/English and GOG will also sell it.

So, just a heads up for anyone interested to save some hard earned money and invest it in a cold beer 😎

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 13, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It seems very nice. I hope it will released in English language too. And I hope sequels to Star Trail and Shadows over Riva will be made too...

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 13, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ the Steam/online version is both English/German , it's the "boxed" version that is German only (boxed in quotes because I've seen a dvd case with a disc inside that still needs Steam as far as I understood...)
The devs actually stated they want to remake II and III as well 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 13, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looks very nice!

OH NO!!! I still haven't completed the original version yet!

Must complete it before experiencing it all over again in the new version....

*Malik is contemplating (right now he's tired after a hard day's work and is lying down reading Vogons forum on his phone.) on re-installing the game on his 486. (The original disks still work, but I have a backup copy in my games CD.)*

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 6 of 13, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ yeah I know what you mean, haven't really play the original too... it has some nice mt-32 tunes too!
I might even use the official Clue Book for this one 🤣 (I miss the days were games were properly boxed... 🙁 )

6ie0ko.jpg

Reply 7 of 13, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, have the same box with the big map too. The game’s copy protection using that map is quite a treasure hunt. 😁

And yes, the game has one of the best MT-32 tunes. Even the character generation screen's music is excellent and one of my favourites, that I simply used to load the game to listen to it.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 8 of 13, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Haha, I just bought this game I never heard of before and now there's a remake in the oven

p1020156t.jpg

I tried to play it but I found it utterly complicated to understand how important or relevant the magic, the weapons, herbs and potions are actually necessary to have fun with this game.
I know it has potential, but don't even know where to start to learn how every item works.

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 9 of 13, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

if anyone is thinking of buying the game atm, BEWARE: it's full of bugs.... 🤣
really, without patching some people can't even play it

Reply 11 of 13, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have my pre-order with Steam already 😀

EDIT: I just checked Steam, it's now available to install so I'm downloading it now 😁

EDIT2: Well looking over the forum posts for this game, many are complaining of bugs, hopefully after my shift tonight I can test this out and see what works and what doesn't.

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 12 of 13, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ it runs OK for me but it's only running well on my i7/660ti system... my office's Q9300/6790 struggles....