VOGONS

Common searches

Admin request: Tapatalk support

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 40 of 52, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There is a mobile style for phpBB that works very well. We had it on the test board for the upgrade to phpBB3. Qbix never installed it here, though.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 43 of 52, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

I'd like to see YouTube embedding 😀

Current moderator/admin sentiment runs against that, sorry dude 🙁

Easy enough to add via custom BB code tags, but it does raise security and irritation concerns, especially with a board that has as high of an influx of new users and spambots as VOGONS.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 46 of 52, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Another big no no, IMO... I'm all for playing games, computer games, not firum games. KISS

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 50 of 52, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a small forum and I introduced a like system recently which nobody uses.
It could be because the members use the forum because it's nothing like Facebook with all those meaningless likes.
I also added Tapatalk, but it's not the killer app that say, Whatsapp is to mobile use.
Embedded YouTube is there, but it's a completely different type of forum IE, general banter with a hint of gaming.
I personally like this forum the way it is and it reflects the retro spirit and doesn't try to be anything it isn't.
It loads is a flash too.

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 51 of 52, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I can’t seem to find this group on taptalk

I was wanting to try it cause the web interface keeps logging me out and making me type in the 99 character password again

Also, can we relax the password requirements my password is nuts 🤣

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 52 of 52, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Sphere478 wrote on 2021-01-16, 05:50:

I can’t seem to find this group on taptalk

We've never had support for Tapatalk (if I recall correctly) and we have since gone out of our way to make sure Tapatalk will never be a thing. Among other things, their business practices aren't great. For more negative feedback, read through this thread.

Our default theme should be enough for most mobile users.

Sphere478 wrote on 2021-01-16, 05:50:

I was wanting to try it cause the web interface keeps logging me out and making me type in the 99 character password again

Also, can we relax the password requirements my password is nuts 🤣

This is not the place for such feedback, but 99 characters surely should not be needed.
This should be the feedback thread I guess, although it is mostly geared for feedback to the 12/2019 forum software update: New forum suggestions/Feedback

Also, please try to avoid bumping discussion topics that are more than a few years old going forward, this thread is nearly 7 years old - thanks.

Thread locked.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto