Common searches

The Return of Mobygames?

Topic actions

First post, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The old thread was locked, as you may recall.

But holy toledo, IT'S BACK!
http://www.mobygames.com/

Reply 2 of 26, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I browsed to the site today and did a double take after what had happened finally registered in my brain 🤣

Yeah the redesign made no sense. Good riddance.

Reply 3 of 26, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Apparently Drawception's Reed rescued it from Gamefly

and being overly familiar with Drawception this has made me extremely biasedly comfortable

It makes you wonder how much Gamefly were selling it for if he could nab it before any other potential corporate interests tried... COULD YOU JUST IMAGINE WHAT WORSE THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED!?

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 5 of 26, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ha! Brings a grin to my face.

If this kicks things back into gear again, I may even dust off my excel sheet with pending contributions... let's see how this pans out.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 7 of 26, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

And hey, near Christmas no less. Quick! Someone whip out a "Hallelujah" picture! :D

...sorry, I'm taking a look at a Christian game on Saturday and I just finished writing my script, so I've still got such themes rolling around in my head. :P

But yeah, in protest I pretty much avoided MobyGames as much as possible after the format changed, especially given the technical problems I had with the new format. Now that the old, tried and true format is back, I'll be spending a lot of time looking stuff up on there again! ^_^

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 13 of 26, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

and being overly familiar with Drawception this has made me extremely biasedly comfortable

I couldn't quite recall what Drawception was at first. Last time I looked it didn't seem to be updated very often, and now it seems to have devolved into community in-jokes.

It makes you wonder how much Gamefly were selling it for if he could nab it before any other potential corporate interests tried... COULD YOU JUST IMAGINE WHAT WORSE THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED!?

Methinks the anguished departure of the userbase substantially diminished its corporate appeal. Mission accomplished, I guess.

Reply 14 of 26, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VileRancour wrote:

Ha! Brings a grin to my face.

This is exactly my reaction to the news 😄 I'm very thankful to Mr. Reed, and hopefully MG will recover from the crisis and everything will be back to normal 😀

DOS Games Archive | Free open source games | RGB Classic Games

Reply 15 of 26, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good news 😀 The site has been declining in content usefulness over recent years and was visually and functionally ruined during the recent overhaul.

Hopefully contributors will return and the site will once again be great!

Reply 17 of 26, by Foxhack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Great Hierophant wrote:

Three month's misery is over.

Three months for you.

For those of us who were part of the community, it's been a long, long three years. I'm so glad they're not under Gamefly's stranglehold any longer.

Reply 18 of 26, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The return of the old website format, maybe, let's see if the community spirit is still there. I think so much mistrust and bad feeling has been built up over this that the site will never be the same again.

Reply 19 of 26, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's like being brought back to life after receiving a defibrillation shock...

But I lost the respect for the Corn Popper and his gang.

It's Reedx's own company now that has brought back the site through his (and perhaps his colleagues/friends) initiatives.. Good riddance, Gamefly.

I'm just relieved it's brought back alive. Thank you, Reedx!

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers