VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

How rare are these computers?
I always dreamed of having an COOL Japanese computer as a kid, with all those microchips and fancy cables.
NEC PC pretty much sums up an whole lot of awesome for me.

I have seen some people selling them on Ebay for prices like 2500$ (pfffft) , which is more than Amiga 3000T / 4000T with additional stuff goes for.
Has any one ever experimented with one, and does anybody know where is a safe place to buy and inform about this computer?

Also, if anybody knows of any other special Japanese computers that stand out, do tell! Whats a life with out being on a hunt for something manly 😀

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 5 of 9, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

They were never used in Serbia, hence the rare part.
The only way i can get them is international shipping.

---

Thats a definitely nice link on the Japanese Retro computer scene, interesting read 😀
The X68k is fakin beautiful 😁
Thanks Lolo!

---

I doubt i will buy anything on JP Yahoo any time soon, but thanks for the heads up! Are there shady/sneaky people there? Paying 300 euro for something to latter receive a box of logs is not fun 🤣

Reply 6 of 9, by ik777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

They need special PC-98 series only DOS / Windows.
Annoying thing is downloadable bootimages of those are not usable(only emulators) as we work in our general PC.

Maybe they can have good OPN sound(if sound module is exist), but if price is same, I'd better get a X68000.
Although PC-98 series have better performance, almost usable programs are "bishojo" games as my personal avatar.
But X68000, they have arcade games with "ultimate" OPM sound and External MIDI IN.

If we buy it from Japan, shipping cost matters. ($250~300+) I saw a korean blogger who have business trips to Japan bought this and save shipping cost quite much. But buying this with agency is not recommendable.

Reply 7 of 9, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh i see, well, the reason why want one Japanese computer is because of all the cool FM synth stuff and games.
I guess getting an x68000 sound more reasonable now, since i do not feel i should collect them 😁

What are the typical ones some one abroad, like me, can get?