VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 21, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ElectricMonk wrote:

Looks like I'm down to a Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X or a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, because $40 is the most I'm gonna spend on a joystick for DOSBox. I wish I still had my old MS Flightstick Pro (I don't trust adapters by habit), but these seem to be the most reasonable cheap flight stick for banging around.

Are either of those good? I'm gonna use them for games I listed above, plus maybe strike commander.

I'd say spend the extra $10 (up to $50) and go for this stick instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?It … 7-003-_-Product

This is the same one I own and it's basically the bigger brother to the Thrustmaster joystick you picked out, with a full throttle assembly and everything. Works beautifully though takes awhile to get used to how large of a deadzone it has. It's also compatible with the PS3 (need to flip a switch to set which mode to run it in) and you can also separate the throttle and stick units if you intend to mount them in some way.

Only catch using this one with DOSBox is that DOSBox is hardcoded not to recognize more than 4 joystick axises, so the rocker axis on the front of the throttle can't be used normally. Still works fine in Windows games though. ;)

I would skip on the Logitech one for sure unless you can get a better price on it. It's not a $40 joystick. :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg