Common searches

First post, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Someone posted on Gamefaqs asking what game this is from:

i0HU2PqhJ1kJw.jpg

and so far no one has been able to place it. The "NOPE" was probably added afterwards (and is not part of the game), of course, but what is the game called?

Thanks for any answers.

Reply 1 of 16, by ahendricks18

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

reminds me of dead space

Main: AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5ghz (OC 4ghz)
16gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GT740 4gb Gfx card, running Win7 Ultimate x64
Linux: AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 1.5GB DDR, Nvidia Quadro FX1700 running Debian Jessie 8.4.0

Reply 2 of 16, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ahendricks18 wrote:

reminds me of dead space

Sort of, but Dead Space is strictly 3D, and even if someone modded the PC version to be in first person, the objective's text would be in in-game 3D, not 2D text.

Reply 3 of 16, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorta looks like someone tried to pull Master Chiefs head off but failed resulting in him having a super long neck...poor Master Chief. I'm sure he'll be fine though. Probably just sleeping it off.

Reply 4 of 16, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I find it amazing that despite having a full status bar overlay and identifiable aspects that absolutely NO ONE has been able to actually say what game this is from. Almost like the market is oversaturated with first person shooters or something... :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 5 of 16, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I searched around, and even tried using an image match search. Can't find anything that matches that screenshot.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 10 of 16, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

BAM! I thinks me found it!! It's called "Routine". Currently in development for the PC.

From their website: Routine is a First Person Horror Exploration game set on an abandoned Moon Base.

Reply 11 of 16, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
borgie83 wrote:

BAM! I thinks me found it!! It's called "Routine". Currently in development for the PC.

From their website: Routine is a First Person Horror Exploration game set on an abandoned Moon Base.

Although the HUD doesn't match ("Routine" doesn't appear to have a HUD)
Scorpion: Disfigured has a matching HUD

Reply 12 of 16, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah you're right. Scorpion: Disfigured does have the same HUD. The dude in the pic sure looks like the main character in Routine though. Scorpion: Disfigured it is then.

Reply 13 of 16, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stefan_L wrote:

Thanks mate, that's very well spotted. I've never even heard of that game before, does anyone know how good (or bad) it is?

BTW, Stefan, how did you find out which game it was? I mean, did you just search through screenshots manually, or use a utility/program, or what, please?

Reply 14 of 16, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kerr Avon wrote:
Stefan_L wrote:

Thanks mate, that's very well spotted. I've never even heard of that game before, does anyone know how good (or bad) it is?

The reviews clearly show "meh" but I have no personal experience

Reply 15 of 16, by Stefan_L

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kerr Avon wrote:

BTW, Stefan, how did you find out which game it was? I mean, did you just search through screenshots manually, or use a utility/program, or what, please?

https://images.google.com/ 😀

Reply 16 of 16, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stefan_L wrote:
Kerr Avon wrote:

https://images.google.com/ 😀

I see. Thanks mate.