VOGONS

Common searches

Guess the game!!

Topic actions

Reply 460 of 1640, by ZanQuance

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Correct! It is Hacker 2 for the C64, I guess you win since there are only two hacker games to chose from.
I loved these games as a kid, and they are still fun.

Also 🤣 @Sopwith avatar, bomb the cow instead 😜 I also loved that game!

Reply 461 of 1640, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

hehehe there is no cow in the first/original sopwith version, I still have no clue why most people are only aware of Sopwith 2 😀 Needless to say, I love it too..

OK, this is something I got my hands on just recently. Obviously an Asteroids variant and yes, what you see is what you get. You are fighting around the status panel. This is no pause/status screen, you are indeed moving and shooting around it!

asteroids.png
Filename
asteroids.png
File size
1.98 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 462 of 1640, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Omega Race clone?

EDIT: wait what am I doing playing this game again for? I still don't have any obscure game to show a screencap of!

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 464 of 1640, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK, just tell me if you'd prefer to move on and not hold the game back with an unknown shareware game.
I may as well attach it here if anyone is interested, it's only a few KB's, shareware and apparently completely unknown

Reply 466 of 1640, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
pewpewpew wrote:

Yeah. For one that obscure but distinct it's probably correct to say anyone who might recognize it, would have by now; hints and time won't help. Try another.

That was my thought exactly. That's an actual screenshot, there is nothing cropped, genre is obvious so there are no possible hints except maybe the title screen 😀

Here you are then, it's called "Betarace". It's a 1992 shareware game from an individual and apparently totally unknown developper. I got it from a BBS and then saw it again on a local computer magazine's cover disk. Check out the date of this, it's still that same zip! (For dosbox, make sure to lower cycles considerably in order to pass the initial "CPU speed test")

Filename
BETARACE.ZIP
File size
33.84 KiB
Downloads
71 downloads
File license

Next one is all yours guys, I won't be able to follow up the next couple of days. Maybe there is someone wanting to post a game but didn't have the chance yet? OP, allow me to bend your rules for this case: whoever feels like, just post a game instead of me.

Reply 471 of 1640, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd recognize those 90's polygons from anywhere. 😉

Anyways...

Attachments

• thing.png
    Filename
    thing.png
    File size
    52.97 KiB
    Views
    File license

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 473 of 1640, by StSam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Keeping up with my unoriginal semi-trolling: Scorched Earth 3D? 😉

EDIT: I guess I wasn't that far off, based on description:
"Genocide is a turn-based Scorched Earth style artillery game in 3D where you are fighting against others using your artillery."

Memento e-Sinu filo!