Topic actions

Reply 520 of 1640, by RadioPoultry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
pewpewpew wrote:
RadioPoultry wrote:

Those graphics are amazing!

The cubes are awesome. Please tell me those are bullets, and not monsters.

The name of the company that made both Maze Wars (1992) and Modem-3D (1994) is called Amazing Graphics, and I was partly referencing that... though I do find those graphics pretty amazing, actually. 😀 The cubes are indeed the bullets, the pyramids are the monsters.

I'm kinda surprised these games are as little-known as they are. I remember seeing Modem-3D in a mail shareware catalog, and it was one of only two DOS games I ever played over modem.

Reply 521 of 1640, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Firtasik wrote:

Maze Wars (1992)

DINGDINGDING

(also known as "shootout at zapperstein by gary accord 1991" according to some sites that take misinformation, history revisionism and stolen games from delusional people for granted)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 525 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Woo, I got one! Yeah should have listed either name.

I found an interesting video about PS/Exhumed, apparently while the DOS version (which I've played) was a then-standard 2.5D shooter running on Build, the Saturn & Playstation 'versions' were completely different and done on a custom fully 6DOF 3D engine. It looked every bit as advanced as Quake and came out around the same time. If only they'd released *that* on PC...

Anyway here's my screenshot. Have at it:

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    Filename
    screenshot.jpg
    File size
    63.82 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 531 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hmm, time for another hint it seems.
Hint 2: Lawnmower Man has themes about a certain technology. This game uses that technology.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 535 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TELEPACMAN wrote:

Vanguard Valkyrie?

Yes! Winnar.

Glad you got it - was worried it was a bit too obscure. For everyone else - this is a kickstarter demo of an AWESOME-looking VR game that sadly didn't get funded. 🙁 The creator is still working on it though. I tossed in a few bucks for a pre-order on its website because I *really* want to play the full game if it does get finished.

PS if you click through the first link to the ended kickstarter page and scroll down a bit you can find the 2D demo, in case you don't have a Rift or whatever handy. I highly encourage everyone to try it out. 😀

You're up Telepacman!

Reply 536 of 1640, by TELEPACMAN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Actually I did not knew the game, sorry. But you gave 2 hints 🤣 . Anyway, if it got mechwarriors it's cool.

You have to guess game from a image right?
Untitled_zpsn00k3yij.png