Oldbie
Chaniyth wrote:

Shuihuzhuan Liangshan Yingxiong aka Water Edge: Liangshan Heroes

Correct!

Panda Entertainment's, "水滸傳梁山英雄," or, "Liangshan Heroes of Water Margin."

water_013.png

lu2.png

water_006.png

I stumbled across this gem some five years ago, and thought enough of it to search out and import a copy. It's easily the best DOS-based beat 'em up I've yet encountered (which isn't saying much), and manages to separate itself from similar titles of that genre through its exceptional, high-resolution artwork, literature-based storyline, and decent controls (for up to three players). Disappointingly, the musical treatment is hardly worth mentioning; being of lackluster compositional quality, and coming across as repetitous and ill-fitting besides.

Reply 161 of 1640, by Chaniyth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah I agree, I only remembered because a friend of mine in the late 90's who was Chinese had a crapload of bootleg MS-DOS game cd's, and Liangshan Heroes of Water Margin was one of the games on it. Very good beat 'em up!

All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you. 😁

Reply 162 of 1640, by Chaniyth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok here's my contribution. 😀

268492-4214.png
Filename
268492-4214.png
File size
21.75 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you. 😁

Reply 164 of 1640, by Chaniyth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
retrofanatic wrote:

Bud Tucker in Double Trouble

Yes.

Guess it's not as obscure as I thought, 🤣. Never heard of it until the other day. 😜

Reply 165 of 1640, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Chaniyth wrote:
retrofanatic wrote:

Bud Tucker in Double Trouble

Yes.

Guess it's not as obscure as I thought, 🤣. Never heard of it until the other day. 😜

It was obscure to me too. The only reason I remember it was just because I saw it on this website http://www.squakenet.com/download/bud-tucker- … e-trouble/5569/ a few months ago when I was looking through abandonware on there, so I just looked around on the adventure category until I found it again.

OK...I guess I will put this one out there....probably an easy one for most...

dos_game_2.jpg
Filename
dos_game_2.jpg
File size
107.69 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 176 of 1640, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

OK second screenshot from it. This is a real thing

Attachments

• geuss.png
    Filename
    geuss.png
    File size
    5.57 KiB
    Views
    File license

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 177 of 1640, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I feel bad for stalling, so i'll skip that one which was probably too obscure anyway.

Attachments

• guess95.png
    Filename
    guess95.png
    File size
    29.38 KiB
    Views
    File license

apsosig.png
long live PCem