VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showt … -Hello-Everyone

I've thought about signing up there over the years but don't think I have the energy to keep up with yet another forum.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 12, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A good portion of the people are members of both forums. Not a big deal.

VCF is a rather slow forum (but with a few active knowledgeable members) so it doesn't take much to keep up with it.

Reply 3 of 12, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm REALLY bad at keeping up with multiple forums at once, which is why I pretty much stick with VOGONS for all my retro gaming needs! :B

The whole reason I came here originally was because of DOSBox and the show I wanted to make revolving around DOS games. That hasn't changed and the only reason I would disappear would be if I stopped doing anything related to DOS gaming. (Which is not going to happen anytime soon! ;)

But hey, if someone can handle multiple forums at once, my advice is: "go nuts"! ;D

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 5 of 12, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Harekiet wrote:

But my 8088 has somewhat died and the forum has been ignored again 😀

Get a REAL 8088 then! None of those Taiwanese terrors. Go for a real IBM 5150/5160!
I know a cheap place on Marktplaats 😀

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/

Reply 6 of 12, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Get a REAL 8088 then! None of those Taiwanese terrors. Go for a real IBM 5150/5160!
I know a cheap place on Marktplaats 😀

I'm not paying 300 euros for that, that's probably 1 cent per transistor

Reply 10 of 12, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PeterLI wrote:

I like VCF: very broad knowledge base

Exactly. Far more variety than here regarding old kit.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 12 of 12, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DosFreak wrote:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showt … -Hello-Everyone

I've thought about signing up there over the years but don't think I have the energy to keep up with yet another forum.

Same here. Vogons have been a heaven for vintage hardware enthusiasts. Probably it's just me, but since I joined this forum, I always got the impression that Vogons is more about "how do I build a system for Windows 98-era games" instead "how to run Jane's Fleet Command on Windows 7" -which is fine by me, I must say. Though I'd be very interested to join that other forum if I have the time and energy. 😊

As for actually running old games on new systems, flight sims forums like SimHQ probably rival us for the amount of tips being shared. Many flight sim enthusiasts are still playing old games -games like Jane's Longbow 2 and Jane's World War II Fighters- which are problematic on new systems. And there are quite a lot of tips being shared there.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.