VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 21 of 40, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

While a introduction to basic concepts, it also fails to mention some important stuff. They're even a bit vague about what it's actually about: pixel transition latency or panel latency. They spent most of their time explaining pixel transition latency concepts failing to mention panel latency problems (and they're even confused by it), but they use a test designed for testing panel latency. 😐

I recommend reading some articles on Blur Busters and TFT Central. They actually know this stuff and isn't making their first attempt at figuring it out in a Youtube video.

Reply 23 of 40, by Chaniyth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
AidanExamineer wrote:

Oh yeah! Sony Trinitron represent! I've got an awesome KV32FS100.

I own multiple Sony Trinitron's, I have 2 Sony Trinitron CRT TV's [a huge and insanely heavy 36" in the living room, and a 20" in the bedroom with my Super VHS VCR's connected to them and also all my non-HD gaming consoles on them], and I also own a 17" Sony Trinitron CRT Monitor that still works as good as when I bought it in the 90's!

Definately "Sony Trinitron represent!". 😎

All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you. 😁

Reply 25 of 40, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ZellSF wrote:

While a introduction to basic concepts, it also fails to mention some important stuff. They're even a bit vague about what it's actually about: pixel transition latency or panel latency. They spent most of their time explaining pixel transition latency concepts failing to mention panel latency problems (and they're even confused by it), but they use a test designed for testing panel latency. 😐

I recommend reading some articles on Blur Busters and TFT Central. They actually know this stuff and isn't making their first attempt at figuring it out in a Youtube video.

yeah but, they state this in the begging, they even link to some proper reading and home work and state that it ins't very scientific video but, it gives a good run down.

Reply 27 of 40, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
AidanExamineer wrote:

😳 That hurts. Deep down in the cockles of my heart.

He's only joking - they rock and he knows it. Everybody knows it.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 28 of 40, by AidanExamineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
badmojo wrote:
AidanExamineer wrote:

He's only joking - they rock and he knows it. Everybody knows it.

They'd BETTER! 😒

Reply 29 of 40, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This thread is making me think about picking up a second CRT monitor. . .

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 30 of 40, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
AidanExamineer wrote:
jwt27 wrote:

Trinitrons suck. But that's not what this thread is about.

I'm sorry. But it's the truth.

Reply 31 of 40, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've uploaded the project to DropBox. It doesn't have the data logging features, but gives you an idea.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94628483/ … GONS/index.html

Here is a histogram of some of the results we collected:

IHDzX6jh.png

The quickest results we got are between 200 and 225 ms. Haven't had anyone faster than 200.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 33 of 40, by TeddyTheBear

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yay! http://i.imgur.com/M0eEFQa.jpg
On an old CRT running at 125Hz

And using a g500 mouse with one of the buttons assigned to spacebar and using the software that comes with the mouse to set the usb polling rate to 1000Hz instead of 125Hz...

Reply 37 of 40, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ZellSF wrote:

Looks like you're running aero, that adds to input latency.

Is that right? Didn't know that, very interesting...

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 39 of 40, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
philscomputerlab wrote:
ZellSF wrote:

Looks like you're running aero, that adds to input latency.

Is that right? Didn't know that, very interesting...

Aero vsyncs (with triple buffering) the desktop.